gas tank question

Suspect

I put the gas tank from my 74 620 into my 73 620. I put 1.5 gal in it, ran it to the gas station, put another 2.5 gal in it and drove it to autozone and back which was maybe a couple miles one way. On my way back it started to run out of gas. I couldn't believe it could go threw that much gas. I pulled the plug on the drain on the gas tank and let out at least 2 gallons and it was still coming out. I poured the gas back in it, then tried to run it again. It wasn't barely pumping any gas. I checked the carburetor inlet and it was clean and everything was nice and free. I swapped another fuel pump on it still the same thing. I decided to pour more gas in the tank and now its fine. Why wouldn't the truck be able to pick up from at least 2.5 gallons left in the tank?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking it was something to do with the pickup in the tank. When it wouldn't get gas, I took the fuel line off the fuel pump, took the gas cap off, and with a compressor blew air threw the line and at the gas tank end, all I heard was air.

im working on the same issue, but mine is totally plugged up, air compressor even at 80 psi couldnt get through,

i will have to track down the blockage, i know from the fuel filter to the junction block on the frame is clear so i will have to test the rest of the line when it isnt snowing.