My fuel problem...continued...

jchristians

I've posted before, thinking it was my new fuel pump...so, got another NEW one.blink.gif

My situation: '71, 521...new weber 32/36 manual choke. worked great for a while...then it started doing THIS (in video). NOW can't get fuel to carb. New mech. fuel pump. Symptom seem like junk from tank clogging line...I could blow thru fuel line...and blow bubbles in fuel tank.

My next test is gonna be: right before fuel pump put line into a clean gas can and see if it will pump it out and truck will run. Any insight from video? possible junk clogging line symptoms? Anyone ever swap in an electrical pump...what kind?

Alrighty, here is a short video...of when it WAS running a couple of days ago. http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/victor_ryanheart/?action=view&current=IMG_1207.mp4

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh going through the same issue with my 510. Changed out my fuel filter and fuel pump, still dies. Ran gas can as temp. and car ran it for like 10 minutes, okay. So next step for me would be to take my gas tank to a shop and get cleaned out.

How old is the gas tank? Was it sitting for a long time? Gas can get gritty after awhile...

No idea on how old gas tank is or gas...but, I did see a few rust particles in tank after removing fuel level sending unit from tank and lookin in. I am gonna do this test w/ gas can, see if it'll run...and go from there I guess...next step drop tank, flush it and possible resto of tank. poop

Pull out your sending unit and look down the tank with a flashlight. my tank used to be coated with a vinyl type of material. I used seafoam a couple of times and I think it caused that coating to come apart. Every now and then(especially with lower fuel levels) that stuff would clog up the little fuel line inlet. Maybe your having a similar problem with rust or garbage from over the years.

According to my radiator man that boils out my fuel tanks for me, he said that the new fuel additives the gasoline distributors are using in the new gasolinr blends eat the over the counter fuel tank coatings that are used to seal up a rusted tank. I was lucky & found a tank that cleaned up nice.