• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one red corvette they shoulda sent me a whole corvette with as high as the stupid shipping prices are I just order stuff through local parts stores anymore with their shipping prices places like napa etc are equally priced around here.

I got one red corvette they shoulda sent me a whole corvette with as high as the stupid shipping prices are I just order stuff through local parts stores anymore with their shipping prices places like napa etc are equally priced around here.

Exactly. Its usually the big ticket items that are cheaper, like new calipers. Or if you manage to get all the parts to ship from 1 location.

Like always, it pays to compare, It is nice though to just come home and find a bunch of parts waiting for you. Plus if you don't have time to go by the auto parts store during the day you can order your parts at any hour of the night.

Red Hummer H3

Turquoise and white 63 Biscayne

Maroon Triumph

I have about 5, but one's a duplicate. I know I have the roadster.

The trick to Rockauto shipping is combining shipping, not buying 1 or 2 items, nor buying 5 all from different depots. A part that's $2 more but ships from the same location as something else saves in the long run.

I always look for the larger ticket item first, then buy a few smaller things that ship from the same place even if I don't need them right away (like filters), since adding to one shipment usually doesn't cost a whole lot more.

I just changed the clutch on a Toyota pickup, I had to take the flywheel in to be surfaced. While I had it off I decided to change the rear main seal. Seal was 2.97, Beck Arnley wholesaler close out, I could not really wait to order it. The auto parts store had one, $25 plus tax.ohmy.gif

I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone but once I actually had the counter guy checking his computer for a part, he wanted me to look at the part he had pulled up and when I looked at the screen he was looking at the Rockauto website!!!!!