SoCal Datsun Mechanics

ArthurMitchell

I've never been much of a car enthusiast, I can change my own oil and brakes, but that's about it. I'm new to the datsun community, and I'm learning a whole lot thanks to all you great people and your build threads and advice within the pages of ratsun. I am planning on picking up a 620 so i've been familiarizing myself with the parts and components as much as possible, but I still feel I need a reliable go-to mechanic for all the important stuff. Something I don't have. Now i know most people would say to just get in it and do it yourself, but I'm just trying to do the best with what I got so far.

I was hoping I could get some recommendations for good mechanics in the area, I'm in East Los Angeles, looking for any shops in the san gabriel valley, los angeles areas. So if you know anybody, a shop, or even just a guy who you would recommend, I'd very much appreciate it.

I went to go look at a datsun yesterday. It was in amazing condition, 77 kc, straight body, l20b motor and weber downdraft carb. automatic tranny and front disc brakes. The owner was a very nice guy, no bullshit gave me the straight dope on the vehicle. I would be wanting to use this truck as my daily driver. Any suggestions for standard things to do to these 620s in order to get them as hassle-free for daily driving would also be very much appreciated. The guy said the best thing to do would be an engine swap with electric fuel injection so that it would start every time.

In any case, thanks guys I appreciate any and all info.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"That Z Shop" (Mike's Z Shop) has worked on my 1976 620 Longbed, and he's done a GREAT job on it. It looks, rides, runs and (especially) stops better that when my dad brought it home from the dealer in 1976!

Mike's Z Shop is the ONLY place I'll take any of my Z's or my pickup. Great service, always reasonably priced. He can make anything run like a champ!

http://www.mikeszshop.com/

Oh, and no, I'm not Mike or in any way affiliated with the shop. I'm just tickled that there's such a good, honest shop around to work on my old Datsuns.

• 3 years later...