620 air vents

gingg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody tell me whats the story about the air vents on the back pillars. how come has my one got them but all the other utes ive owned hasnt, this guy came to my house today and asked me if they where stanrded

188997_157246010996193_100001323852700_283871_7098196_n.jpg

Air vent install back pillars body of J-13[engine 1300 cc. only]

The '72.5-'75 620's have the cab vents which are part of the ventilation system, cool air is drawn down through the cowl top air intake and is discharged through the vents on each side of the dash as well as through the vent above the heater. The air then escapes through the air outlets at the rear pillars and finally out of the cab vents. This allows for the driver to keep fresh air flowing through the cab with the windows rolled up. The '76 models eliminated the cab vents and adopted a ventilation system similar to the systems used in the 610 and 710 series. Outside air is drawn in from the cowl. The air outlet in the compartment is located below the rear pillar. The air drawn in the rear pillar passes through the inside of the roof rail and the front pillar, and is discharged out of the vehicle from the outlet located at the foot of the front pillar. Jersey

• Like 2

All 620s through the '75 model year had them, and none from the '76-on did.

The reason was with the introduction of the King Cab in '76, the external pillar vents couldn't be used. To ventilate the double-wall cab structure (which is the only purpose of the vents) they had to move the vents, so they went into the "A" pillar, hidden by the door and fender. Since the sheet metal up to and including the "A" pillar is exactly the same between a regular cab and a King Cab, they eliminated the now redundant "B" pillar external vent. It actually doesn't work quite as well, as it traps more moisture in the double-wall structure that way.

With the 720, the vent went back on the "B" pillar but it's hidden by the plastic trim on the KC (but visible on the regular cab)

Can somebody tell me whats the story about the air vents on the back pillars. how come has my one got them but all the other utes ive owned hasnt, this guy came to my house today and asked me if they where stanrded

188997_157246010996193_100001323852700_283871_7098196_n.jpg

looks like mine ohmy.giftongue.gif

DSC09336.jpg

The ones on my '75 are cracked and half falling off. I was planning to shave them rather than replace them. A friend suggested that if I do, I should put louvers somewhere hidden to let air out. Is there anything to that? If I just shave them, will it have any detrimental effect on the truck?