DZ Start Module install

Skib

if the engine is running and you try to shut it off while pressing the break itl bump the starter

Thats great if you have a auto trans. But with people that have the other and have a engine that doesnt like to shut off (deiseling) or parking on a hill if your emergency brake doesnt work. What if you do this, while running, hit your remote to lock out then push brake pedal then turn off engine, Does it still bump the starter?

Larry

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the engine is running and you try to shut it off while pressing the break itl bump the starter

I thought it would not bump the starter at all with the engine running, as long as the coil trigger wire is hooked up.

Thats great if you have a auto trans. But with people that have the other and have a engine that doesnt like to shut off (deiseling) or parking on a hill if your emergency brake doesnt work. What if you do this, while running, hit your remote to lock out then push brake pedal then turn off engine, Does it still bump the starter?

Larry

lol ill go try that combo and find out, mine usta deisel and all I did was tap the button to kill it and then id pop the clutch a bit to stop it

HOLD ON!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

Skib, Check your Coil wire. if you don't have it on the correct terminal on the coil, it doesnt know that the engine is running. When hooked up properly. The engine will shut off, whether your foot is on or off thebrake pedal.

When the engine is running, IS the Red LED on the DZ-Start lit up? If not, then you don't have a pulsed siganl going to the DZ-Start and need to find the right wire.

So, it will NOT bump the starter if you connect the purple wire to a pulsed signal from the coil. Connect the wire, start the car, if the Red LED on the DZ-Start is lit, then you're golden. If the LED is not lit, try again.

Dave

Skib, Check your Coil wire. if you don't have it on the correct terminal on the coil

its connected strait to the neg side of the coil

0406111808.jpg

0406111759.jpg

When the engine is running, IS the Red LED on the DZ-Start lit up?

Iv seen it lit up but I dont recall if it was running or not.

I have to pull the dash back apart to check so Ill do that tomorrow

Well I have a 500 dollar car. Id like to have one.

Longevity??? Will there be replacement switches. I mean it will be used everyday.

there the exact same as the newer maximas ect. so you can get them right from Nissan

Thanks for hooking me up Dave, sorry about the late-ish night. Switch works excellent. :cool:

I should have a couple pic's up later today.

As far as the brake pedal being pressed it's not a huge deal, just take it out of gear before you start it. I'm thinking of putting a switch on the clutch pedal and using that instead of the brake switch, more of a neutral safety switch like newer cars.

Button installed in the 620 column.

Picture018-3.jpg

Dave's trick to help slow any would be thieves...of course this ain't where/what it used to be either :lol:

Picture011-4.jpg

...and me thinks Dave needs a build thread for this little fella's place of residence. :D

Picture007.jpg

Oh, ya like those huh?? Those are my Rota Rb 17x9.5's with Hankook 275/40ZR17's on the rear of my 260Z project. The fronts are 17x8's with 245/45ZR17's

There actually IS a build site. I use Cardomain, here's the link..... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3195135/1974-datsun-260z

Just need to finish a little body work, getter painted and put back together. Lotsa pages to read so only click if you got time.

Thanks for the Pics Steve.

Showin my dirty secrets an all that,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
2eDeYe' date='12 April 2011 - 07:25 AM' timestamp='1302618346' post='458380']

Thanks for hooking me up Dave

As far as the brake pedal being pressed it's not a huge deal, just take it out of gear before you start it. I'm thinking of putting a switch on the clutch pedal and using that instead of the brake switch, more of a neutral safety switch like newer cars.

is this possible??? i think the clutch pedal would be more convenient since most of the cars are manny trannys

PS i do love that gtr switch..

You know, after driving the truck for a while now, it's a non-issue. I get in and start it up and drive to work.

Don't think I will mess with changing the switch from the brake to the clutch. :)

• 2 years later...