New owner of a Datsun that floats--->

Since my last post ive had the boat out several times. Im still getting a small leak fron the head but only at full throttle. & ive since ckeaned out the idle jet on the Weber. Its kooling off here & that means just about 1 month of boating weather left.

• Like 2
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

PL

Ok as boating season gets closer here in AZ myself & Steroid are making some improvements to our "therapy" machines.

A few weeks back we took them to a boat show & got some interesting looks & questions.

The trailer guides i made help alot..no more rubbing the fenders. Heres a few pix from the show...

zkn0xe.jpg

a1jms4.jpg

• Like 3

i see a white daytona eliminator next to your boat ..... maybe a 19'    mmmm dream boat a 21 would be best ...jet driven .. there are some of the most bad ass daytona 21' up hee in washington .....one guys running a intercooled  blower with three carbs on his 632...makes like 1900 hp..... im like dafuq too much lemme see if theres a pic of this boat the motor looks like the effiel tower

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok boating season 2014 has begun in BHC AZ ! I made a few adjustments to the Weber, made some new rudders for the jet & naturally a test run was in order....

@ Big bend state park Laughlin NV...

2lwn3ur.jpg

16kb1h1.jpg

then off to Lazy Harrys for an Ice tea...

dm8nm0.jpg

The new rudders work great but the weber still has a dead spot about mid throttle. Overall a great day on the river.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok ive been working on this in & around a few other projects the last few months & now its time to show it. I made an air scoop for the Weber using some scrap. It slides over a base then bolts into place & is more for looks really. Ill shoot it candy blue w/ flakes to match the jet....

4tvkeb.jpg

zyhe7b.jpg

& the Jolly roger flag ...why not !

2ihxeoh.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Steve, The scoop does nothing but it makes people do a double take so thats a win LoL.

The rods will one day be welded to a chrome 720 tie down & it will be a place to attach the kneeboard rope. FYI the rods came off a disgarded foosball table i found down the street :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really a good update but....the throttle cable snapped a few weeks back. I have a pedal mounted cable but it's a pusher style which means i have to route it from the opposite direction / make a new mount for it.

I may just buy the correct cable over the winter & park her in the yard till next May.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone I just acquired one of these boats its a 1975 the block and hull numbersmatch but the interior of the boat needs a complete overhaul. Its got the original yellow gel coat with the original sundance and datsun stickers I seen a yellow one on here that is similar and it has the seats added to the bow that I am looking to add to mine. How can I upload photos?

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
75datjet -  please post pics of your boat when you can & where are you located ? Gradyfest - i picked up that valve cover years ago @ a yard in San diego....some early models had them.

As of a few weeks ago I put the boat in the garage for the winter to free up driveway space.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...