should I buy this parts car?

darin620

I found this at a junk yard that is being cleaned up. cars are being sold for $400 or thay will be crushed, time is limited. its looks to be a complete 1971 510 wagon. no title. Im not that smart on the datsun cars but I know parts are geting hard to find. If I can make my $400 back in parts I would get it and sell parts just so it does not go to the crusher. Is any one interested in parts off this car? I live in NE so shipping things would get expenceve. I have to buy the complete car to get anything off it.

005.jpg004.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The glass, bumpers, and trim is values at more than 400 by itself.

It would be like a investment, you won't get all 400 back in a day but by the time the total car is parted out you really do have potential to turn a good profit.

Just look for chrome parts for a 69-73 510 on eBay, the hood chrom trim alone goes for around 120$,

I got parts for my car that cost me what you can buy that whole dam car for, buy it or miss out on a great deal.

there is not a big market for datsuns in NE most people dont even know what a datsun is. dont realy think i could sell it local with no tital. and people are not going to travel this far for it. (I would I went to OR for a 620 cab) but most people are not going to. If some one wonts to get the car I would buy it and keep it at my place tell you could come get it.

where are you in Nebraska? I have family in Red Oak,Iowa just outside of Omaha. the old cars in the background would be pretty cool also. but that goon is pretty nice fromt he looks of it

Every scrap of that car can sale on craigslist and eBay easy, those take any local market value or demand out of the entire equation.

Get it. You won't be sorry.

Don't get it, and regret it sooner or later, hell it looks really good and not far from being able to run.

Look up my build thread, rustina51o, I paid 300$ for that car and it didn't even have floor pans, it didn't come with any decent parts except the glass, no grill, no trim, no seats, no bumpers, a hood that folded in half from rust when I tried to open it.

But I towed it home with the biggest shit eating grin on my face and I still live that car more than any other I have ever owned.

The yard is in Maxwell Ne. thay are going to have a auchion in july to sell the cars that have value but they are crushing most of the stuff now, the guy in charge does not see the valve in datsuns and will not save it. He is kind off a dick about it. have allready crushed a 521 and 2 old celica GTs along with plenty of others :( . I will go back when I geet off work today. I can get the auchion info and post it here if anyone wonts it.