65 Spotted in Utah

greengoon

My son and I drove by this used car lot yesterday and had to double back when we saw a lowered 320 sitting in the parking lot. A rare sight here in Salt Lake. The guy at the lot asked me if I knew what it was worth and me not being up to speed on 320s I said 'no'. He tells me he wants maybe 6K for it. Later he tells me its on consignment and the owner may take 5K for it. I tell him it was worth more in its original patina than the quick paint job it has and he tells me he'd be happy to scrape it off for me :lol:

When I got home I immediately looked up 320s on ratsun and as I figured, it seems like the price was way high even for a clean one. Now if it had been perfect...

Upon further inspection it still needed lots of little things. The engine was clean and had some chrome but still has sizeable oil leakage. Seat was decent. It needed a glove box inside. There was a small rust hole in the drivers floorboard. It was pretty low and had no front or rear bumpstops and the shocks looked pretty old. Some of the rubber was pretty bad and it was a quick paint job with a good amount of overspray so there's no telling what kind of body filler exists. Some of the trim piece holes were replaced with spikes which my son hated very much. I would would call it a 20 footer.

If anyone is interested in this I'd be happy to help out, provide more pictures, broker a deal, arrange shipping, etc. Anything to keep old Datsuns here on Ratsun. I don't have room for it in my stable at the moment. The guy at the lot said it had been there for over 2 weeks and maybe it will sit there for a while at that price.

So what do you think it is actually worth anyway?

0330111423.jpg

0330111422.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the other posts it was just in Florida 2 months ago so WTF? And I feel bad for my comments. I think its perfect and my son is already scheming on how to trade the Hilux for it but when a high price is presented to you, you start to get picky.

"My son and I drove by this used car lot yesterday and had to double back when we saw a lowered 320 sitting in the parking lot. A rare sight here in Salt Lake. The guy at the lot asked me if I knew what it was worth and me not being up to speed on 320s I said 'no'. He tells me he wants maybe 6K for it. Later he tells me its on consignment and the owner may take 5K for it. I tell him it was worth more in its original patina than the quick paint job it has and he tells me he'd be happy to scrape it off for me :lol:

When I got home I immediately looked up 320s on ratsun and as I figured, it seems like the price was way high even for a clean one. Now if it had been perfect...

Upon further inspection it still needed lots of little things. The engine was clean and had some chrome but still has sizeable oil leakage. Seat was decent. It needed a glove box inside. There was a small rust hole in the drivers floorboard. It was pretty low and had no front or rear bumpstops and the shocks looked pretty old. Some of the rubber was pretty bad and it was a quick paint job with a good amount of overspray so there's no telling what kind of body filler exists. Some of the trim piece holes were replaced with spikes which my son hated very much. I would would call it a 20 footer.

If anyone is interested in this I'd be happy to help out, provide more pictures, broker a deal, arrange shipping, etc. Anything to keep old Datsuns here on Ratsun. I don't have room for it in my stable at the moment. The guy at the lot said it had been there for over 2 weeks and maybe it will sit there for a while at that price.

So what do you think it is actually worth anyway?"

I followed the E bay auction & it sold for $3850. I sold it years ago for $1200 with a slipping clutch & a bad oil leak. Sounds like none of the major issues got fixed even though I gave Johnny {Jukeizm} a few leads on a full gasket set. Dwayne..go back & offer $3850 & tell him I said so :D

like in another post i said, this is an outrage. this is an awsome truck but i couldnt pay what he would want. however, i think that this truck is nostalgic because i dont know of any other truck that has seen most of the U.S. and had their feet on two coasts.

heck, for my truck. i thought i could drive it till it dropped, didnt know it was going to drop before i could really drive it.;)

i really like that truck greengoon. if you do end up getting it, that'd be awsome. good luck to anyone who jumps on this.

• 11 months later...