620, chop, cut, weld

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a whole new taillight plan. I was gonne do the Caddy Seville lights but my new plan is gonna be sick. Gonna start getting and fabbing parts. Not posting pics till its done. I want it to be a WTF :w00t:  moment for everyone to see.

• Like 1

After alot of research I've decided to go back to the 92 Caddy Deville taillight conversion. I wanted to do 3 Plasmglow Fire Storm rear light bars, with a custom tail light housing/roll pan. They look sick. But only measure 49". Thats 4" shorter than the tailgate and the 620 tail gap measures 53" from left to right. Then I thought about reliability. How long will a LED tailgate light bar last before it breaks? And how many years will they be in production? So I'd rather spend $2 on a replacement bulb than $170 on a replacement light bar. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Did a few upgrades. Put a fresh upper rad/themostat housing from an early model. Deletes a few things the 78 housing has for a cleaner look. Installed Digital SPW Temp, Volt and Oil gauges. I'll post some pics when it comes back from repair shop. It's running poorly and back firein through carb.

• 3 weeks later...