620, chop, cut, weld

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'78 and later disc brake trucks can use the spindles (drop or otherwise) from the 720 & the Hardbody. The brakes match the spindles so you will want to source those from the same year you get the spindles for.

Was your "parts" truck at the potd with a pit bike in the back?? I think I remember it. Too bad, that thing is sweet tooo!

yep it was there. i get alot of comments on that truck, i know it's cool but the 620s i'm going to build with help from that one will be way more bad ass.
  • 2 months later...

It is about time you start a 620 project....When are you going to build up the chop top.....??? I know one day!!! Cant wait to see some build pictures!!

I'll start build my choped top after my kc is done. I am starting my kc build in october and I'll hopfully have it done by the next NWN Golden Gardens bbq

2eDeYe' date='01 June 2011 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1306970028' post='486370']

'78 and later disc brake trucks can use the spindles (drop or otherwise) from the 720 & the Hardbody. The brakes match the spindles so you will want to source those from the same year you get the spindles for.

Bell tech makes spindles. get them for a 86 to 93 D21/hardbody. I prefer using the V6 brakes

Is there any difference in front track width when using the drop spindles? I am interested for my 78' and 79' KCs, but I like my current wheel fitment.

What about master cylinder choices with the different calipers?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any difference in front track width when using the drop spindles? I am interested for my 78' and 79' KCs, but I like my current wheel fitment.

What about master cylinder choices with the different calipers?

There is no width change and stock master works fine but if you're going to replace anyway you could upgrade to a 83 280zx turbo master and I've also seen some people use z32tt front calipars but do'nt know if they directly boly to truck spindels

• 4 weeks later...

Currently havin two custom front lower vallances made for my 620s. they will feature custom light pockets that hous 2000/04 Prelude front marker/turn signals, After those are done I will drop off the kc to have the front wheel houses modified so the front tires do'nt rub, after that it all up to me to get it done. I'll post pics of the valances and front wheel inner fenders when completed.

• 2 months later...

It's been a while but I finally got some customers cars finished. Today I'm painting my buddies 91 240sx/silvia two tone. After X-mas I'll be swaping a dog leg 5 speed into my long box to keep it drivable an then get my 280 zx turbo 5 speed rebuilt for my 79 kc. And at that time I will be tubbing the front inner wheel houses. Plus I've decided to change the color to a 2000ish ford code SD Willow Frost Met ALT 2, since I'm going to need to respray the engine bay. So watch for pics to come soon.