620, chop, cut, weld

I have been in the collision industry since 1988 and have owned my first 620 since 86. Now 26 years later and a mass of parts, the itch has come back to get going on my 620 builds.123.jpg

The orange 78 long box is a organ donor. The cab will be pulled off122.jpg and put on a 79 short box frame i have and the bed from the tan 79 kc will be put on that frame.The motor from the 78 and the dog leg 5 speed from the 79 will be merged for this one too. The front and rear suspension from a 79 kc parts truck will also be used. The body will be left stock, body damage repaired and resprayed to stock orange.

Now on to the tan 79 kc. It gets the hood from the 78, the 2" drop spindels, hardbody v6 brakes, de arched leaf springs, 280zx turbo 5 speed, 10 lp fly wheel, factory tach and integra seats that are also from the 78 long box. The bed from the 78 long box will have the front 9" cut off and installed on this kc. I have a built L20/ 280 flat tops,stage 2 head, dcoe 40s, mikuni intake, sitting in my shop for this one too. All seams will be welded, markers welded, negitive flares reversed, bed hookscut off, bed rails filled to match cab, taillight housings welded with rollpan, all rope in window seal openings modified to eurathane in windows. Then refinished with 240sx ivory white.

114.jpg[/img] 114.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So You're Going To Mate A KC Cab With A Long Bed? :blink:

. The bed from the 78 long box will have the front 9" cut off and installed on this kc.

he's gonna turn the long bed into a regular bed.

honestly you may be able to trade a regular bed for a long bed with someone on here. Us rats are crazy for longbeds.

i think I might be alittle like chip foose. i get ideas that keep changing and i just figure things out. i put 2" drop spindles on my ex wifes 79 kc back in 1996. i just might be the first guy on the planet to have done that.

i like long box 620s now but do'nt like the cramped standard cab. so i figured out how to install a long bed onto a kc frame. another plan i have is for my 510. it needs a new floor from the fire wall to the taillights. i have figured out how to install a floor from an s13. have you ever seen a 510 with 240sx suspension front and rear?

I like your style.

My 620 is going through the same thing. it was one idea, then they started multiplying. Its gonna be something a little crazy when I'm done, but for me its all about the thrill of the chase. seems like its the same for you too.

2eDeYe' date='31 March 2011 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1301605461' post='452668']

I say stretch the frame to match the full long bed :cool:

The Kingcab just use a regular cab short bed.

im going for the look the 720 kc have. the front of the bed is very short and behind the wheels its long

• 1 month later...

I am currantly working on some customer cars that are taking up most of my life. One is a 66 Plymouth Satalite in for a full resto. The bodywork is finally done and completly primed and ready for paint prep. The other is an 07 Charger in for a color change and two tone. The roof and rear bumper are done and all doors and decklid are off and ready to cut in. And in between these two cars i get pounded with dealer work, wheels and other paint work. Once the 66 Plymouth and 07 Charger are done and gone I will have an open bay to finally get started on MY DATSUNS !

The 66 Plymouth has now been dilvered and just need to finish hood, the 07 Charger is now about 95% done, so I am getting very close to starting my 620 builds plus work on my 510 alittle too.

You will never do anything with that chop top...It has been sitting in that corner for over 10 yrs....LOL...I think you should just let me have it. ...I have been bugging you for ever about it..It is nice to see that your going to build another 620...I think the Xcab long bed will be cool. There was one that had a chopped top out of So. Cal in the late 80s..But like so many others it just disappeared.

Do you still have your Slivia?

I found a old picture of your truck....Bringing back memories....

Untitled-4-1.jpg

You will never do anything with that chop top...It has been sitting in that corner for over 10 yrs....LOL...I think you should just let me have it. ...I have been bugging you for ever about it..It is nice to see that your going to build another 620...I think the Xcab long bed will be cool. There was one that had a chopped top out of So. Cal in the late 80s..But like so many others it just disappeared.

I found a old picture of your truck....Bringing back memories....

Untitled-4-1.jpg

I will never get rid of my silvia. I dominate the import shows with it and its too much fun to drive. I would'nt let it go even if someone offered me 100k for it

I also have a 79 Xcab parts truck. I'm going to cut the cab at windshield posts and straight across from front of rockers and splice it into that choped 74. It will then go onto an Xcab frame with a extra long bed box I have.

I found a old picture of your truck....Bringing back memories....DSC_0001.jpg

here's my Silvia

Untitled-4-1.jpg