Aluminum Intake Polishing

Hola Ratsun Crew! I recently picked up a spare L series 220 SU intake in hopes of grinding off the linkage holders and polishing up for a nice clean look! I have been watching threads about other people polishing up their SR/KA Intake's and thought I would start a thread about general aluminum polishing! I have not attempted this before and started in on my 220 today with a grinder cut-off wheel. I cut the linkage holder off no problem and worked on smoothing out the casting lines and any other major ruff parts. After the grinder I went at it with a hand file and some rough sanding blocks just to get an idea of the work I'm getting myself into! After an hour of work I'm fairly happy with a solid starting point. Oics:

Intake1.jpg

Intake2.jpg

Intake3.jpg

Intake4.jpg

Intake5.jpg

Intake6.jpg

Intake7.jpg

Now I plan on busting out my dremel tool and working some of the harder to sand areas and smoothing the whole thing out. Then going back with some sanding blocks with finer and finer grit down to steel wool and then the final polish. Anyone have any advice on aluminum polishing in general and/or any input on polishing the 220 intake? I have not seen one of these polished up yet so any advice would be awesome!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic