new to the fourm

hell13-Ivan

hello, im new to this particulliar fourm i own a 71 datsun 521, it is mostly stock was a L16 now L18.. stock 4 speed tranny... the only thing that is not original is the 1-wire chevy alternator, and the 3 row radiator out of a chevy luv pickup.. i have a 80s? (i dont know).. datsun that has disc breaks.. i am peeling parts from so it stops better( WHEN I PUT IN THE CHEVY 350!!!).. Oh yeah.. i am going to put in a chevy 350/th350.. i already have the motor mounts made.. i dont like the L16-18-20's.... there ok but to slow for my liking. and i like chevy's.. but the datsuns are soooo cool looking!!!! i have pics but there on my other computer, so ill post them later, any how i like my little datsun and look forward to lurking the fourms... see you guys around...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, im new to this particulliar fourm i own a 71 datsun 521, it is mostly stock was a L16 now L18.. stock 4 speed tranny... the only thing that is not original is the 1-wire chevy alternator, and the 3 row radiator out of a chevy luv pickup.. i have a 80s? (i dont know).. datsun that has disc breaks.. i am peeling parts from so it stops better( WHEN I PUT IN THE CHEVY 350!!!).. Oh yeah.. i am going to put in a chevy 350/th350.. i already have the motor mounts made.. i dont like the L16-18-20's.... there ok but to slow for my liking. and i like chevy's.. but the datsuns are soooo cool looking!!!! i have pics but there on my other computer, so ill post them later, any how i like my little datsun and look forward to lurking the fourms... see you guys around...

Welcome...before you go stuffing SBC's into your truck...give the L a chance...or move onto a KA. A 521 with a 350 could be cool, but I'm sure most people here would agree-Keeping it Datsun is cooler. LZ? KA? Built L? Even a VG But when I hear of another cool Japanesse classic getting an American transplant, all I think is :blink:

If you do decide to go the SBC route, at least finish it. Yadidimean?

• 4 weeks later...