Car show

datrod

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys..even though i was limping around all day i still had a great time. Met up w/ a few new guys from the site & enjoyed just chillin talking w/ you guys. SWDP & Ratsun was well represented & that kicks ass. Ill be posting my pics here soon. Awesome pics Jason & Chris & damm congrats Jason for keeping the Steroid visit a secret..HaHa ! Also a BIG thanks to all you guys for helping me out yesterday :D

Wow!!! What an awesome day!! You might have noticed the mention of My "secret" visit and that I came on My bike. I was tied up all week with family medical issues and actually only decided at about 7 p.m. on Saturday that I would come. Now I faced two options: 1, either clean and load up Funtana with NO SLEEP and trailer at 61 miles per hour (also the trailering $$$ gas issue) or 2, I could get 4-5 hours sleep and leave at 03:00 on the bike and make freeway speeds (+!!!) and have a nice ride. I chose option 2. I called Jason to see if He was meeting up with Guy Gray and if so I would plan to "caravan" down with them. I asked Him if He could keep a secret. YES!! He said. You should have seen the look on Mark's face when I popped up from behind Jason's truck to direct Him where to park!!! And Guy's look was priceless when He was leasurly walking by in the crowd and I said "hey, Guy"!!! Anyway, SWDP had 110 per cent participation (NO trophy for that, though BOOOOO!!) And a newcomer, Chris and His family!!! Once again We (SWDP) are forming into a nice family with no attitudes, no RULES (as a club would have) and just a very nice get together. Now looking back on it (4 hours, 15 minutes each way on the bike, for a total of a 9 hour ride!!) I am glad that I chose option 2. I had the opportunity to just VISIT and not have to worry about unloading, cleaning, etc., etc. and get to know My SWDP brothers and sisters better!! Although I brought the heat with Me from Arizona (SORRY GUYS) it was an awesome day. After the event, Guy and I hung out for a little while and discussed this event. All together, We agreed that this should be an event that SWDP supports. There were quite a few reasons for that decision. I feel sure that next year I will plan far enough ahead to include this show as a "must do". You 510 guys should add it too, and spread the word on how nice an event it is. Trophys, food, restrooms (a REAL ONE, no ports-pottys!!), goodie bags and the forethought of these things make this a very cool run. See You next year!!!!