JESUS ANOTHER 521 PROJECT!!!!!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

MORE PICS!!! shitty cell phone pics.

CA18DET!!!!!! IF anyone has a flexplate/ inspection cover, whatever ya wanna call it please lemme know I dunno why this one is missing but i need one somewhat soon.

2012-04-21115045.jpg

Finished toyota axle assembled

2012-04-21123340.jpg

Under the truck and the start of a different 4link. just wasnt to happy with the oversteer numbers the other one was giving us.

2012-04-21221731.jpg

Under the truck and the start of a different 4link. just wasnt to happy with the oversteer numbers the other one was giving us.

2012-04-21221731.jpg

Do you have each set of numbers and results for comparison? Just curious what the stock frame geometry allows. :)

2eDeYe' timestamp='1335112313' post='674779']

Do you have each set of numbers and results for comparison? Just curious what the stock frame geometry allows. :)

I'm just using the 4 link calculator i down loaded off the pirate 4x4 board. The old setup had great anti squat #s but oversteer was something like 3 or 4 degrees. This time around its not gonna have any oversteer/understeeer but the anti squat isnt as good, but I can live with that. So Its normally a trade off you change one thing it throws something else outta whack. the closer you dial in the geometry the more sensitive it gets too where 1/4 inch will change numbers drastically.

So we got something accomplished today! still need a panhard bar. In order to have decent geometry is very hard if not impossible without having to cut the bed floor, but a parallel setup fits the bill. Were getting pretty decent numbers exactly where the bars are placed I wish we had a little more room for adjustment but whatcha gonna do working with what we got.

Pictures kinda suck cause their was a firey ball in the sky today

2012-04-22172351.jpg

2012-04-22172412.jpg

Is the yota diff flange the same as the stock 521 rear end?

No its different thats not to hard to deal with though we gotta have a drive shaft made anyways.

more pics

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

so this was some carnage we discovered when pulling the tranny off the back of the ka.

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00727.jpg

DSC00728.jpg