pic of your dime

Icehouse

On 1/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, StevenWay said:

Just bought it last week and already getting into working on it. 

Edit: can’t do direct imgur link for some reason. 

https://imgur.com/a/Zji8lz9

3d5k6PJ.jpg

You can copy paste the image directly into your post. 

Cute kid.

Love the stripe package. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, StevenWay said:

Just bought it last week and already getting into working on it. 

Edit: can’t do direct imgur link for some reason. 

https://imgur.com/a/Zji8lz9

Aha! That car has been to several of our club meetings. I knew it was for sale, but didnt know it had sold! Check out "Sacramento Datsun Owners" on facebook, weve been around for nearly 15 years, hold monthly meetings, fun-runs etc. 

On 2/5/2019 at 3:45 AM, 68Datsun510 said:

Aha! That car has been to several of our club meetings. I knew it was for sale, but didnt know it had sold! Check out "Sacramento Datsun Owners" on facebook, weve been around for nearly 15 years, hold monthly meetings, fun-runs etc. 

Cool I will definitely check it out and ask a million questions. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When I bought this ^^^^ in '84 I was driving this '72 4door- L20B, Mulholland springs, Turn 6 sway bars, Enkei wheels.  Pic circa early 1984:

BWnFyYM.jpg

A couple months after I got the red '72 2 door, I had swapped all the good stuff from the yellow car to the red car and sold the yellow car as a stocker.  Installed a dogleg 5-speed with the L20b and now I had a pretty nice original paint 510!

jhvFCor.jpg

1Y8U6Cg.jpg

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Tedman said:

When I bought this ^^^^ in '84 I was driving this '72 4door- L20B, Mulholland springs, Turn 6 sway bars, Enkei wheels.  Pic circa early 1984:

BWnFyYM.jpg

A couple months after I got the red '72 2 door, I had swapped all the good stuff from the yellow car to the red car and sold the yellow car as a stocker.  Installed a dogleg 5-speed with the L20b and now I had a pretty nice original paint 510!

jhvFCor.jpg

1Y8U6Cg.jpg

Very nice 2 door.

Laguna Seca Turn 2, NASA Track Day with UFO, 1997:

JewTG0E.jpg

On the cover of Z Car Magazine Jan/Feb 1998 edition (behind the Z car), from same event as above:

tnFdidd.jpg 

• Like 2

This car has worn a several different set of wheels over the 3 1/2 decades I've owned her. I traded the 13x6 gold Enkeis for 13x7 Panasports (always regretted that trade as the Enkeis were far nicer, but I really wanted wider wheels for a/x). A/X at San Diego Jack Murphy Stadium, circa 1988, running 185/60 Yokohama A008RS. Still have these wheels with hubcaps.

G2BdMa2.jpg

American Racing re-issued 500 sets of 13x7 Libres in the mid-80s, so I picked up a set. This was at a California Capri Club event at Sears Point in the early '90s and heavily attended by UFO Norcal. CCC shortly thereafter evolved into NASA. Regrettably I sold these wheels on. I think tires were 185/60 Yoko A008 RSII

YPQPacd.jpg

Here we have 13x6.5 Hayashi Racing Street II's at Shasta, around 1996. I had painted the grille flat black which I thought was cool at the time. Still have these wheels with hubcaps.Tires were probably 205/60 Toyo RA1s.

7t3h432.jpg

For a while in the mid '90s I had two sets of these 13x6 Performance Industries Superlites- one set for A/X and one set for track days. I still have one set, seen in most of the previously posted pics.  Here's a pic from an Alfa Club Time Trial entering turn 1 at Willow Springs, mid-90s. The track had been freshly repaved and was quite the dreamy experience to drive on. Tires are 205/60 Toyo RA1s:

4Nk6j59.jpg

Here we are with 14x5.5 Libre clones, circa late '90s at Shasta. I was running 195/55-14 Dunlop SP8000s for street tires. I found these wheels in the JY and they were pretty grungy so I acid etched them with mag wheel cleaner and they turned out bitchen. 

OpeXTRV.jpg

Then I came across a set of genuine American Racing 14x5.5 Libres in good shape. I had them powder coated silver.  Tires are 195/55-14 Dunlops. Still have these, running them on Zeke. 

LzWxiys.jpg 

Been running 15x7 Watanabe RS8s with 205/50-15 Falken tires since swapping in the SR20DE in 2002.

IpKfW0P.jpg

wKemy9u.jpg

Edited by Tedman
  • Like 4
On 3/1/2019 at 11:20 PM, Tedman said:

Took out the 72 for a drive.

IMG-20190317-125636.jpg

Don't know why I'm getting left over stuff from older post on new ones like what is at the top tried to get rid of it but?

Edited by edekalil