• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some time ago I posted some pictures of my 510, just after I had fitted a Cosworth Ford YB Turbo engine. Now thanks to my friend Gary Mills, who plumbed the fuel system and wired in the ECU, it is finally running. Still haven't driven it  yet, as I need to fit the R180 diff and CV joint axles... If I ever drive it as far as it has travelled on the back of trucks and trailers I will have done well!

40915b97951140d9f.jpg

40915b9795105b159.jpg

40915b979510ca6c0.jpg

40915b979511b448f.jpg

Edited by TiMopar
Change image source.
  • Like 5
On 9/11/2018 at 12:07 PM, TiMopar said:

Some time ago I posted some pictures of my 510, just after I had fitted a Cosworth Ford YB Turbo engine. Now thanks to my friend Gary Mills, who plumbed the fuel system and wired in the ECU, it is finally running. Still haven't driven it  yet, as I need to fit the R180 diff and CV joint axles... If I ever drive it as far as it has travelled on the back of trucks and trailers I will have done well!

40915b97951140d9f.jpg

40915b9795105b159.jpg

40915b979510ca6c0.jpg

40915b979511b448f.jpg

What's your radiator/intercooler setup like on this?  I'm assuming the radiator is below the intercooler?

• Like 1

"What's your radiator/intercooler setup like on this?  I'm assuming the radiator is below the intercooler? " Brandon, the radiator and intercooler are the factory ones from a 2-wheel drive Sierra Sapphire Cosworth. Yes, the radiator is below the intercooler, I cut the radiator support panel wider, and converted the headlights to only two with air intakes to aid cooling. I also used the smaller exhaust manifold from a 4x4 Cosworth Sierra and boost hoses and notched the sump at the front to clear the cross-member and steering, adding 'wings' on the side of the sump to make up for loss of oil space. If you are considering the same swap you are welcome to PM me any questions. I would say that there are probably more modern, lighter engines now which would give similar power, but I already had this engine. Just to add, the non-running L20 engine that was in the car has gone to my friend over here for his Bluebird coupe, so it hasn't gone to waste : ))

Edited by TiMopar
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:07 AM, TiMopar said:

40915b97951140d9f.jpg

40915b9795105b159.jpg

40915b979510ca6c0.jpg

40915b979511b448f.jpg

Hey mate love it. Almost like a FJ20. I know that is a good engine.

Edited by mrbigtanker
grammer
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...