would a 620 intake fit?

jon521

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of work, new gasket, some of your L16 things like throttle cable, PCV hose may not mate to the L20B intake exactly. It will also have all the ERG smog stuff on it. If yours is running fine I would pass on this.... why screw with it?

I'm trading 2 boxed 10in subs for a 32/36 weber and he was going to throw the intake in to but I think were figuring something else out besides the intake. Ya my 521 intake has the ERG smog stuff on it. But you all have good points, thank you!

. Ya my 521 intake has the ERG smog stuff on it.

Then the intake already been changed. The 521 did not have EGR on it. In fact not until /74 was it installed on the L18 620 motors.

Sure you aren't confusing the PCV valve with the EGR??? PCV is the large silver hose upper right. The metal tube at bottom goes from exhaust manifold to EGR valve.

EGR009Large.jpg

I probably do have them mixed up. I'ved only owned my 521 for about a month now so I'm pretty new at it, as far as datsuns go. I know it did have a smog pump on it previously but the previous owner removed it but left some vaccum leaks that I had to fix. But as far as getting the 620 intake, I won't be trading him for it so it doenst even matter. thanks for the help though

If the L20B is a '75-'77 it likely (I said likely) has the intake and exhaust bolted together and uses hot exhaust to warm the intake instead of water. It will look like this...

620headU-67Large.jpg

Good god, take that 'thing' out and shoot it!!! Put it out of its misery!