Stuck clutch pedal!

Lude944

Here we go again...after waiting an entire month to receive an extension link to fix the rear brakes i fix the brakes and was all set to go test drive when i go to depress the clutch and its STUCK on top not the floor.!!!!...So any ideas how to get it unstuck???

I checked out the slave cylinder the push rod was a bit rusty so i cleaned it and hit it w/WD-40 it doesnt appear to be stuck even with the rust. Then i moved to the master cylinder the fluid was low so I topped it off. Didnt see any leaks in the lines. The pedal it fully extended and has no play at all. I think its the master cylinder what do you think?

So far I removed the master cylinder last night and cleaned it checked it out and it appeared to work ok when i pressed it in by had. I went to place the same used part on linked the pedal and filled with some new fluid go to try the pedal and it pumps normal. Then i hook up the fluid line and then the pedal is stuck again. What i want to know is if i replace with new master and slave components will i have the same issue or should i make some adjustment to correct the problem?

Its a 72 521 it had been sitting for a couple months the clutch is new(changed in the last 6 months). I picked up a new master cylinder and slave ready to go let me knowrolleyes.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slave is frozen.

Peddle and master appear to work when out. Put back in and leave the hard line line to the slave off and try, bet it pumps fluid just fine.

Slave is seized. Remove it and see if the plunger moves.

Is there a return spring on the clutch pedal?

yes it has a return spring

Slave is frozen.

Peddle and master appear to work when out. Put back in and leave the hard line line to the slave off and try, bet it pumps fluid just fine.

Slave is seized. Remove it and see if the plunger moves.

yes it pumps when the hard line is off. I will remove the slave then. Thanks to all good thing i picked up the slave today.