620 center console in a 521?

jon521

Hey I am a new owner of a 71 datsun 521 and i have a few questions. i already asked this on another thread but I am missing the radio and i want to go for the stock look, and i was told that any single din radio from around the 70s will fit? and also the guy i bought it from had a taken the bench seat out and put in 2 bucket seats and a center console from a 620 i think but he didnt bolt it down or anything so i just took it out and was planning on selling it or trading it, but has anybody put one in their 521? does it work well? any advice helps.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I am a new owner of a 71 datsun 521 and i have a few questions. i already asked this on another thread but I am missing the radio and i want to go for the stock look, and i was told that any single din radio from around the 70s will fit?

Asked and answered...http://community.ratsun.net/topic/29767-521-stereo/page__p__443774__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=443774

... and also the guy i bought it from had a taken the bench seat out and put in 2 bucket seats and a center console from a 620 i think but he didnt bolt it down or anything so i just took it out and was planning on selling it or trading it, but has anybody put one in their 521? does it work well? any advice helps.

Well you have it in your 521 so you tell us... does it work? To bolt down get the missing floor clip from a 620. It screws into the trans tunnel and the console mounts above it.

The 521's have rather spartan interiors and a console wouldn't hurt to hide the shift boot and maybe have a small tray for junk. It likely says Datsun on it and most people don't know what went in what years let alone who makes the 521. You might get $10 for it, I say keep it and use it.