DatsunDaves New Start/Stop Button Ignition System

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What he said. Only shows "LOCK" when the switch is disabled via the micro switch, tied into the aftermarket alarm and the alarm is Armed, or the security wire is grounded. It flashes about once per second, like an alarm LED does.

LonestarS30Z, your DZ-Start System is going in the mail today.

SR20DETDatsun510, your other parts are going in the mail today.

Got 4 more kits ready to go if Anyone is interested.

Dave

2eDeYe' date='04 April 2011 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1301946737' post='454520']

Don't foget meeee :D

See ya next Monday :)

I gotcha Steve. Your DZ-Start kit is already packed and set aside. Your other stuff (alarm, relays and actuators) will be in Later today via UPS.

See ya then.

Dave

Ok I am offically sold. Espacialy since the 620 I purchased has no KEY. Is there any way to check to make sure this kit will work with a 74 620? I checked the list on page 1 or 2 of this thread and it only had 79 620 listed. If it does I will be down for two sets, one for the dime and one for the 620. Great work Dave it looks like a really thought out kit.

As long as your ignition plug looks like the one below, and the same or Very similar colored wires are in the same location as these, then you're good. I just helped paisa13 instal His DZ-Start into his 74' 620 and all those wires were in the correct position on the ignitio. ALTHOUGH, he had an aftermarket ignition switch. So do me a big favor. Post a picture of your ignition plug. try and take a similar picture to this one. A picture that shows the wires, their color and where the notches are. By notches I mean the indents on the plug that allow the plug to only go into it's receiving end one way and not backwards.

I'd be happy to help you however I can. If your wires are in the wrong location, I can wire the Relay Harness to Match your wiring. It's just a matter rearranging the wires. Easy!!

Dave

DSCN1891.jpg

I just bought, and am waiting for 2) GT-R Red Push Start buttons to arrive in a couple days. Hopin for Monday if they actually have them in stock, to ship on time. Stuff is tuff to get with the whole Japanese Tsunami thing and the plant being flooded. Not sure where the whole limits are with supplies and such.

They charge me ($37 and $5 S/H) $20 more for the GT-R switch and that's all I'm gonna charge customers. No need to try and pull a Profit on the different switch, I just need to cover my costs. So

$190 for the DZ-Start system, Delivered, with GT-R button

$170 for the DZ-Start System, Delivered, With the Maxima/Altima button

$160 for the DZ-Start System, Picked up here, With the Maxima/Altima button

And an Additional $25 for the 2) Keyfobs, Remote Security Add-on

Still taking Paypal to wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Leave a "Note to seller" saying your Name, address, Exactly what you want with whatever options, and what it's going into if you want to tell me.

Just trying to get an idea of the average Datsun it's being installed into.

Dave

GTRpushButtonswitch.jpg

2eDeYe' date='07 April 2011 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1302185882' post='456003']

oooo red would match my truck :lol:

Excellent write up so far Skib.

My feelings exactly!!! Really digging that red one!! Would definetly look more betterzz in my truck!! Why u holding out on us Dave??? I feel like that best buy commercial when u buy something and the next day something better comes out!! :(

While trying to keep the costs down, I opted to ignore the GT-R button as it's almost $20 more after shipping. I obviously didn't see the "Coolness Factor" of the Red switch when making the first kits. I apologize for my being Presumtuous.

Not "Holding back" just not aware. When I get the GT-R switches in, I'm gonna test one in the 240Z and make sure everything is Plug-in and works the same. I'll post a picture of it installed. I can sell the kit's without a Nissan switch for $150 delivered, if you choose to buy your own GT-R switch. OR wait for me to order more and trade up for $25 more. $20 + $5 S/H

SKIB!!! Awesome write-up!! Pictures, Video, description of each wire, Perfect. Thank you so much.

Dave

SKIB!!! Awesome write-up!! Pictures, Video, description of each wire, Perfect. Thank you so much.

glad ya like it :cool: the instructions are super easy to follow so its not really needed but having pictures to go along with it just shows how simple it is to install.

so far its just covered the wiring, I should have the part covering the actual button install added here soon

It's been pointed out to me that the Color Diagram in the instructions Show the Purple "Pulsed Input" wire should go to the Coils (+) terminal.

This is incorrect. The Purple "Pulsed input" wire should go to the Coils Negative Terminal.!!

This is how it should look.........

InstallGuidekitDiagram.jpg

Well, I finally got my GT-R buttons in, all 2 of them. Definately gonna find another supplier as these guys dicked me around all week. Anyways, it's identical to the picture, which means NO FRICKEN BEZEL!! So I have to order those seperately for another $10 each, plus shipping. And they are Special Order. So I'll get the 2 bezels in next week, but for now I can swap out the Maxima bezel onto the GT-R button.

SKIB,

Your Keyless entry is here and so is your GT-R button.

This first order of 20 is almost gone. So get in while the gettin's good. Motorsport Auto Said they are very interested in the kit and will likely pick them up for their summer line of New Products. Yeah, more work.

That's it for now.

Dave