Tuning my 32/36....

Llittle_Llama

Ok, I have read a few how to's online, but I have yet to see one with actual pics. When screwing with it today I noticed that my throttle screw doesn't touch the....uh.. wheel thing. I would like it to idle a little lower than it is right now, and I would like the spark plugs to not get black and wet after 5 minutes. These are what I was looking at, but they don't seem exactly right and my fiddlin didn't really do much.

http://www.carburetion.com/weber/adjust.htm

http://www.racetep.com/webjettune.html

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's it jetted for? If it's jetted incorrectly, there's no amount of mixture screw adjusting that will make it lean out enough.

The 32/36 on my L20b feels like it's jetted for economy; it's pretty gutless. It might just be jetted for an L16 or something, because the plugs look like they run very lean. The only way it goes anywhere is if I mash the pedal and the 2nd barrel opens up. There's an article on the dimequarterly.com in the technical department, engine section that talks about jetting your weber. "Weber Tuning Guide"

The jetting has little to do with idle.

Jetting: mid range and full throttle

Idle: Idle mixture screw (plugged air jets and air leaks can affect this). Sure, there is idle "jetting" but it will be close enough for a 1.2 liter all the way to a 2.0 liter to get an adjustment.

#6 in this photo of my Weber DGV, if loose or plugged will affect the idle:

2924.jpg

Yes, the fast idle is closely associated with the choke. So open the choke with your fingers, before deciding there is a problem with the screw adjustment.

Yeah, the choke is engaged at all times. I wanted to delete the choke all together when I first had it so I unplugged the wire going to it so it just sits there partway open. Now that I'm trying to fix my screw-ups I want to add it back. D I just give it a dedicated key on 12v wire?

Yello620, although you like making me look like an idiot believe it or not it doesn't help my problem. I know a year and a half ago I was doing some pretty stupid stuff, but I'm trying to correct these issues now and do things right, so how about you cut me a little slack?

also I don't have a throttle cable bracket, I just have it zip tied to the brake booster hose to keep it straight, where can I get that bracket since were fixing all my other issues?

You need to mount the throttle cable properly and also power up the choke...should be a wire already there, somewhere?

720 is blue...not sure about the 620

Ignition turned on....power to choke

You need to mount the throttle cable properly and also power up the choke...should be a wire already there, somewhere?

720 is blue...not sure about the 620

Ignition turned on....power to choke

There is a factory wire in the harness for electric choke, it works perfect with a Weber.

Which would work ... if all the wiring behind the dash hadn't been removed because it wasn't needed. :rolleyes: And yes you will need a switched on 12 volt supply to warm the choke heater and turn it off... or just stove pipe wire it full open all the time.

• Like 1

Which would work ... if all the wiring behind the dash hadn't been removed because it wasn't needed. :rolleyes: And yes you will need a switched on 12 volt supply to warm the choke heater and turn it off... or just stove pipe wire it full open all the time.

Will correct this issue tomorrow morning :) Oce I get it to pass inspection and get it re registered I'll replace the harness, this shit I did before has got to go. WTF was I thinking?!?

I know its probably fixed by now. I was having issues also with my weber too. get a weaber manual from the parts store, take the carb apart first and clean the heck out of it, my emulsion tubes and idle jets were completly gummed up. and no amount of tuning helped. Huge difference just having it clean.