Datsun Dealer license plate frames

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an unused pair from Thiel Modesto, got them from the guy himself around 2000 when I lived in Manteca. I have 2 different Redding ones too.

I have been wondering if Thiel is still there with all those vintage cars. I wanted the 60 1200 sedan that was in the showroom, and the Caddy hearse in the parking lot.

• Like 1

I have an unused pair from Thiel Modesto, got them from the guy himself around 2000 when I lived in Manteca. I have 2 different Redding ones too.

I have been wondering if Thiel is still there with all those vintage cars. I wanted the 60 1200 sedan that was in the showroom, and the Caddy hearse in the parking lot.

The dude has cars laid around all over town lol, i recall others being after that sedan but with no luck, he's up in age, but still knows his stuff, its hard to find Don, usually in a downtown bar lol, but one cool dude that will go on about cars for hours

• Like 1

The dude has cars laid around all over town lol, i recall others being after that sedan but with no luck, he's up in age, but still knows his stuff, its hard to find Don, usually in a downtown bar lol, but one cool dude that will go on about cars for hours

I had been told about him when I lived in Manteca, the guy that knew him told me he had the frames and just ask him. Unfortunately for me I had to wait a long long time because he kept getting arrested for DUI. He had lost his license long before but he kept driving anyway. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/8/2011 at 9:03 PM, ggzilla said:

Sun in the morning and the Moon at night?

Here's some from our NW collectors:

DSC01476.jpg

Everett Datsun

Bel-Kirk Datsun

Arcadia Datsun

"U" Datsun - hmm...i wonder what Cougars drove?

Hi all, first post here. I am looking to buy a Van Nuys Miller Imports license plate frame as seen above. Also, looking to buy a Gardena Datsun license plate frame too. Hope to hear from you. Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If anyone has a Roseburg Burness Oldsmobile Datsun they might like to part with please let me know. My 8/1970 240Z was sold by them in October 1970 and still has the original license plate. Would love to have a Burness Oldsmobile Datsun plate frame to go with it.

Thanks,

Roo

The Gorge, Oregon

20 hours ago, angliagt said:

I just know I have one SOMEWHERE around here.Probably still in one of the boxes of stuff when we moved from California.

They always turn up when you're not looking for them!

• Like 2

frame of the original dealer who sold my car that I run on my car. didn't come with the car but I scored it for $10 at the Musclecar Ranch meet in 2008.

185965693_4083291811713981_8698741105883

I'm ashamed to tell you what I paid for this one.

185628746_4083291755047320_5852552658237

Found it at a backwoods salvage and when I took it in to the office to pay for it the yard owner looked at me like I'd picked up a turd from his Rottweiler and was trying to pay him for it. Counted out 8 George Washingtons. Metal ones, not paper ones. Had to give up washing the hoopty on the way home :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2021 at 6:38 PM, angliagt said:

I just know I have one SOMEWHERE around here.Probably still in

one of the boxes of stuff when we moved from California.

However,I DID find this one -

004.JPG

pm me

• 2 weeks later...

Got this frame and plate ad from Big Tanker. According to the original warranty booklet, my '72 SR 510 was purchased new from this dealership. 

CZPW2uw.jpg

E8jnD3o.jpg

My other 510 "Zeke" came from Downey Datsun. Anyone got a Downey Datsun (or Harbor Datsun) you'd be willing to part with?

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I still have a couple.

Had the metal frames on my 620 for years.

My best friends father was the first GM of Santa Barbara Datsun when it opened at 36 state street.

when we got older I remember having the run of the place and checking out brand new

610s 710s 620s and Z cars 510s and 521s and 620s on the used car lot.

His mom drove a  wagon on dealer plates and got a new model each year. 

I had a pair of the metal frames and gave him one about 10 years ago,  he still has it hanging in his garage.

The red plastic frame was from the later years after he moved on and bought his own store in Ontario CA

Datsun Frames.jpg

• Like 2