Matt's 521

thisismatt

Just read through the post. Nice truck and good drive down the west side. Atlas it was south and all down hill!! JK. Like the wheels! Especially like the old range as a work bench! That is awesome. If you used it for baking powered coating on, it would be even cooler!!

That's it's primary function :)  The real workbench is currently serving as woodworking bench.  Haven't done any powder coating in a while, but I did a bunch of stuff for my 510 when I had it.  It's a cool oven - it has a main compartment and a half size compartment.  Here are the struts I did in it:

DSCF2314.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgeous struts. Almost want to make end lamps out of em!! Nice work. My work bench serves as a place for my wife to throw things on. I, conveniently push it all to the floor and move on. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Dunno, it just keeps going...And sadly I spend a lot of time on it and so does my wife. It's the only part still in use from then...Of course the computer is upgraded.

Posts pics of nos unobtainium, gets comments about 16 year old vintage Dell keyboard :|

• Like 1

oh, that explains it. dell. they have to make good keyboards, boeing uses them on the factory floor, most disgusting keyboards i've ever used but they still work

and yeah, the background of pictures get more attention than what you're actually trying to show. don't know how many times my flip flops have been brought up because i manage to get a shot of my feet in once a month or so when i'm actively busy. 

personally, i'm jealous, i don't have the money to spend on nos unobtainium

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

very cool! Been looking for a long time also. Can you attach a few measurements to go along with that picture? I'm going to have a go and make one. I'd like to get as close to OEM as possible

11-3/4" Deep

17-21/32" Wide

1-5/8" Thick rim

~1-1//2" Corner radius

20-21ga sheet metal

7/32" diameter top lip (rolled sheet metal)

Right front mounting triangle tab has a hole centered at 2-3/16" back from the face & 2-1/16" up from the outside bottom.

Left front welded nut is centered 2-3/16" back from the face and 13/16" up from the outside bottom.

The left mounting arm looks to have started out at 5-13/16" long, but with bends ends up at 5-5/8" long.  Bends are at ~1-3/8" from each end.  Bar is 13/16" wide and 15-16ga thickness.  Bends give the bar ~1-1/4" offset including bar thickness.  Holes are oblong at both ends, ~1/4 x 7/16" centered in bar, starting 3/16" from the ends.

Sorry, didn't have a metric tape/rule nearby :D

• Like 1