Found a 520 that I'd like to have but can't afford :(

Suspect

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its one of the cleanest Datsun's I've seen out this way.... 4wd either way wouldn't matter to me. If its not 4wd then its definitely not worth what he's asking for it... but thats my opinion. I can see it being worth $3500 4wd and maybe $2500 2wd. I agree on the ford 2.8's being junk motors. My friend had one in a 4wd ranger, it run but had no power, kept tearing up the ring gears and starters.

Neat lookin truck, but a ford 2.8? :sick: Those are such junk motors, and with that engine its either on a ranger or bronco II frame, so its gonna have twin i beam :poop:. Poor 520 :(

Poor truck, man why people do that,too much time on there hands. Look alright but is that price right 7200 or do I have double vision.

why do ppl do stupid cross breeding shit.....i'd keep the body and put it on a 720 frame and blow up the ford crap lol

No doubt I'll take a Datsun motor over any Ford 6 cyl. Poor truck it's in great shape but it's not a Datsun any more :angry: :(

Hey not all 80s fords are bad, my d/d is a 88 f150 4x4 with the 300 I6 and a 4 speed, its an awesome truck.

I stand by what i said, to each his own opinion. I've never had luck with anything newer than 80 (cept an 87 turbo coupe, that was a good car...)

I'm usually a Datsun / GM kinda guy. I bought the ol Mercury because it was cheap, V8 car, and a 3 on the tree. I only buy cars / trucks that are RWD, I refuse to own a FWD vehicle. I also dislike automatic transmissions with a passion and try to avoid them. I've had too may issues in the past with automatic transmissions.

Hey not all 80s fords are bad, my d/d is a 88 f150 4x4 with the 300 I6 and a 4 speed, its an awesome truck.

^^^ :cool: ,,, Does the 4X4 system lag much over the 2X4 system ? :huh:

the 2.8 is a really shitty motor :poop: :hmm:

dido ,,, Those 300 I-6 4.9 liter ,,,, are bullet proof motors ! have one with 177,000 miles on it now ,,, buddy has 1 with 280,000 + miles ,,, Another guy I work with has 1 with 354,000 miles (double clutches every shift he says) ,,, all original engines and all 2wd :D

Airport Tugs use these engines too ;)

• 2 months later...

Neat lookin truck, but a ford 2.8? :sick: Those are such junk motors, and with that engine its either on a ranger or bronco II frame, so its gonna have twin i beam :poop:. Poor 520 :(

I never was able to get a mid 80s carbarated 2.8 ford engine to pass DEQ. I rolled the truck, my friends could not understand how I was taking the loss of the truck so well, I told them they were not listening to me, I hated that truck i told them, I am happy it's gone. The only thing I was sad about was that I rolled that truck over on to my brand new hangglider, it wasn't even a week old. :( It was fixed by the next week(the glider), and that weekend everyone was offering me there gliders to fly. wayno