620 bed conversion

bluecollar83

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, long bed with long b ed, short bed with short bed, and king cab with king cab...

Front suspension upgrade, there is someone on the forum here that makes a coil over kit for the front. you can use hardbody or 720 rear leaf springs for something stiffer...

Kingcab bed is the same as a short bed :)

The long bed and kingcab share the same frame with different body/bed mount locations.

New shocks, bushings, balljoints and steering components, with an alignment, should get the frontend in tip-top shape.

You can install a '77 620 sway bar to stiffen it up in the corners. I'm fairly certain it just bolts with the factory standoffs. Any upgrades from there involve fabrication.

2eDeYe' date='10 March 2011 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1299804632' post='441907']

Kingcab bed is the same as a short bed :)

The long bed and kingcab share the same frame with different body/bed mount locations.

New shocks, bushings, balljoints and steering components, with an alignment, should get the frontend in tip-top shape.

You can install a '77 620 sway bar to stiffen it up in the corners. I'm fairly certain it just bolts with the factory standoffs. Any upgrades from there involve fabrication.

My bad, i was thinking of the 720s. They are different... on the KC beds the wheel well sits further forward.