521 lug nut question

Roger

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should. Look at the area where the lug nut meets the wheel. Should have a taper to it. If it does, it should also work on a stock wheel. One catch, they need to have the same thread. The 521 has a 7/16 stud and depending on what these other lug nuts come off of, may not work.

Mark

I even got chrome lug nuts in the tire section of Wilsonville Costco for my 521.

All the body bolts on a 521 are American thread. So are the brake line fittings.

The engine bolts are metric thread, and the taper pipe fittings on the engine are BSP thread.

Yes, it all sounds rather lame on my part, but here's the situation: The truck is in Medford Oregon and I am in Maryland. the truck has chrome replacement wheels, and I might be able to actually get the original OEM wheels from the person who once owned the truck and changed out the wheels. that was before the current owner bought it.They may still have them. They live in the same town as the people from whom I am buying the truck and they said they will go by their house and ask. I will swap my wheels for the old ones and I have to also remount the tires on the old wheels while in Oregon and then put them on the 521 for shipping. My shipper will not allow anything like cargo in the bed or cab. The lug nuts are the issue I want to avoid being surprised by.