New "re" convert

wade

Been around about 4 weeks. Owned a 320 back in the '70s, now a new owner of this '78.

I like older rigs, as I have a chance to work on them. And I need a truck since my Miata doesn't do boards well.

I'm in Eugene, and will buy lunch if anyone wants to meet up and let me ask 237 questions...

Here are some pics.

P1010265.jpg

P1010264.jpg

P1010262.jpg

P1010260.jpg

P1010266.jpg

P1010267.jpg

P1010263.jpg

P1010270.jpg

P1010268.jpg

P1010269.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is nice truck. Looks like it was well taken care of. I wish I was near Eugene cause I'm hungry. You could ask me 237 questions for lunch any day. I'd probably only have a couple answers but hey it be nice. Seriously welcome to Ratsun I believe there's lots of guys on here up your way.. Enjoy the truck.

Skib

You started this by selling me your console. Now I have a tach as well.

I'm looking to eliminate or replace the back bumper, any laws saying I need one here in Oregon?

A general Q: I'm leaning toward a new Weber but have some questions. Anyone in Eugene?

Also, I got a bid of $300 on a re apholstery of my bench seat. Sound about right?

Any knowledgible Datson mechanics in Eugene that anyone knows?

I could go on...

Eugene is a bit bare as far as ratsuners go. most of them have moved north lol

I dont think you have too, i dont run one and alot of people dont.

most cops dont know the difference of factory stuff or not anyway.

I dont have a bumper on my Goon (nor a front and no front plate) had a cop pull a u-turn after passing me (2am in the morning). I guess he saw my well illuminated plate in the back. He could have had lots of reason to pull me over.

Nice lookn truck, i go to Eugene every month or two. I doubt i can answer all 237 questions but i can bull shit my way through all of them ;) if you want to get together when i head down there i can PM you when im headed down

Nice lookn truck, i go to Eugene every month or two. I doubt i can answer all 237 questions but i can bull shit my way through all of them ;) if you want to get together when i head down there i can PM you when im headed down

Great, Give me a call. I'll pick up lunch and tap your knowledge.

I want to do a number of things to bring it up to speed, and make it more reliable.

Thanks.

Nice truck, The price you were quoted on your seat sounds about the same as all the places I have asked about having one rebuilt... not just recovered.

Try some TR3 polishing compound on your paint, You might be able to get a decent shine out of it again.

If you want to get rid of those mirrors let me know :cool: (or if anybody knows where I can get a new set with the chevrons shoot me a PM)

• 2 months later...

Nice lookin truck and welcome to ratsun. Nice to know there is someone else here in eugene lol. I will only be here for a couple more weeks as im moving back to southern oregon begining of june. But we can meet up possibly before then don't know ii can answer all our questions since im a noobie in the Datsun world myself. My 620 is my first Datsun. Its been fun bringing it back to life. Feel free to check out my build thread. Link is in my sic down below.

Things are moving ahead. Tach looks good in dash, and Skib's console is installed and being put to use.

Ran compression and all is within a couple of pounds each. Canopy is gone, rear turd is gone, radio is about to go in. (love the old push button am, but I'm such a modern guy...)

Pics are coming, relax.