What Carbs are These?

Burabuda

From the looks of it they are a hose style coupling on the carb, but harley uses an SU style and there is an adaptor for that.

It looks kinda similar to the back of an SU but missing two of the bolts.

carb parts diag--->http://www.sudco.com/hsrold_diagram.html

Look at the 48mm big motor kit pic.

http://www.sudco.com/mikuni5.html#individual

-Dime

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Found this thread in a search for info on the HSR carbs. which by the way, looks like an awesome upgrade to the SU. If your looking to spend $600+ on having your old SU's freshend up than this might be for you. I have been considering them for their "blow through" ability's, which is more difficult with 40 year old SU's. Any ways the part for converting them from gravity fed to a pressure fed application is Mikuni # 786-2700-23 needle valve assembly. That and some re-jetting (roughly $5 each) to fit your application and they should be good to go.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/3842/610890.html?1294765614

• 4 months later...

They Mikuni HSR flat slide carbs. I got them from the guy in New York and it took 5 months to get them I think he modifies the needle seat for 3#'s, becasue motorcycles are gravity fed. Not sure what else he does. You can read on his website. The carbs bolted right up to an SU intake and had to make the inner connecting rod. Easy to tune work really good. I was thinking about trying them on the lynx intake but going FIT, so just going to leave them as is and drive it till my engine is built. There is alot of these on ebay but would need to be modified.

Here is a few more pics. I had a thread started when I got them about one year ago.

Picture047-1.jpg

Picture539-1.jpg

Picture537.jpg

Picture540.jpg

Bump..... :D......Update...?

Thinking of getting a couple of 240Z 4 screw SUs rebuilt...or the HSRs.

Hmmmmmm

Costs.....not including shipping

To rebuild 45 mm SUs will run about 625...Z linkage has to be modified for the L4 manifold. Air cleaners not included

Locally...Zeddsaver out of B.C.

42/45 mm HSRs...about 900 bucks from the States, includes linkage(between carbs), air cleaners and adapters for the SU manifold.

No sales tax..(for us Canucks)....but could (will) be hit with duty/GST...roll the dice on those charges :blink:

• 7 years later...

Mikuni Oz ,. Australia is a long term reputable company , with excellent customer service . Phone contact excellent knowledgeable people.  They Supply custom accelerator pump nozzles for car use. Most people report flat spots on acceleration , believing it's "lean" try for bigger accelerator pumps . The spray nozzles are "too big"  so they developed their own. 

The guys at Mikunioz have been in The business for decades .