Radiator options with engine swap?

flatboy

Looking for options on radiators when engine swaps are done.

I'm putting in a Toyota 2rz (4 cylinder) in my 1974 620. The over all length / width / height is right close to the stock 1.8 engine but its goina be around the 275/300 rwhp mark with turbo so I don't think the stock rad will be up to it. Also goina run a electric fan.

thanks for your help guys.

shayne

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to use a 280zx rad in my 620. Im going for the polished copper look. how about a aluminum rad you should be abeal to find one that is close to your meserments that will keep it cool

I plan to use a 280zx rad in my 620. Im going for the polished copper look. how about a aluminum rad you should be abeal to find one that is close to your meserments that will keep it cool

They are quite wide, think it will fit between the high beams???

That's a good engine swap!!! 3rz would be better but a great way to think out of the box. Put a aluminum radiator in measure then check summit then Ebay.

The 3rz in stock form does not take too much boost, weak rods due to the longer stroke. The 2rz will run 15psi all day in stock form (plus head gasket and studs)

shayne