vg30 swap 620 questions

siege

Hey guys I am new here and just picked up a 78 620 KC I am thinking of doing a vg swap in. I have done a search on this but can't find what I am looking for on this topic I already have the 5 speed tranny from a 90 hard body with cross member and can get the vg for next to nothing. So what am I looking at as far as motor mounts wiring and tranny mounts is this a bolt in thing or is there a ton of fab work to do.

Also forgot I am going to run a carb on this.

• Like 1
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im telling you right nowyour gitting your self in to a lot of work... I started my vg sawp like a mont ago and have barley started and theres lots of fab work to be done to fit that motor in a 620... Are you going with the vg30de or the edtt? Do you have A shop do you know whay type of supenchen your going to have?

• Like 1

Ya I have a shop and was going with pretty much stock suspension this is some thing that I am not dead set on because I really do not want that type of project I just want to be able to drive it and enjoy it you now.

• Like 1

The torsion bars can be worked around, but let me tell you this takes time and a lot of fabrication. The wiring is not a problem. Its the custom oil pan, motor mounts, driveline, cooling system, Alternator mount. And then hood clearance depending on which intake you use. I would not even think of running a carb. Half the reason for the conversion is the injection.

You have already gotten the link to read, thanks Motavated. The link is also in my signature.

I have such a mixed mess right now. The motor is a 90 or 91 from an Infiniti M30, the trans is from an 85 Z31, the intake and exhaust manifolds are from a 87/88 S12. Alternator and starter come from a 96-99? Pathfinder. That was the magic starter to clear the torsion bar.

So far, it looks like the best donor car for this would be the 87/88 S12. Same as the donor car for the 510.

I have such a mixed mess right now. The motor is a 90 or 91 from an Infiniti M30, the trans is from an 85 Z31, the intake and exhaust manifolds are from a 87/88 S12. Alternator and starter come from a 96-99? Pathfinder. That was the magic starter to clear the torsion bar.

So far, it looks like the best donor car for this would be the 87/88 S12. Same as the donor car for the 510.

the vg i have is a '93- '96 i think and im lookin for a '86-'89 z32 FS5R30A and some other bits and ends

Without EFI how will you work the distributor??????

Sorry guys I meant the vg30e for some reason I was thinking de when I posted. As for the dizzy I was thinking of running it the same way they are doing it with the 510.

Im telling you right nowyour gitting your self in to a lot of work... I started my vg sawp like a mont ago and have barley started and theres lots of fab work to be done to fit that motor in a 620... Are you going with the vg30de or the edtt? Do you have A shop do you know whay type of supenchen your going to have?

wow.... im having problems making it past that one word, i didnt get what it was untill i read the post after

Sorry guys I meant the vg30e for some reason I was thinking de when I posted. As for the dizzy I was thinking of running it the same way they are doing it with the 510.

and what way would that be, magic? unicorns? .....having an ethiopian child wired to the coil?

• 2 weeks later...

wow.... im having problems making it past that one word, i didnt get what it was untill i read the post after

and what way would that be, magic? unicorns? .....having an ethiopian child wired to the coil?

WOW your nice guy!!!! Well I would run the dizzy the same way this guy did.21.jpg

Do you have more pics of that install?

And how about some info on how they are controling the distributor, what computer are they using?

Sorry that is the only pic that I have on this swap there is a guy on here that has this exact swap in his 510 the car is black and he is running the carb setup to. If I can find it again I will post the link to his car and build but for now here is a short vid of a yellow 510 running the carb my buddy has a web site that has all the stuff to make the swap work right I can try and get up for to.

Oh ya I don't see any magic unicorns or an ethiopian child wired to the coil? in there