i wish!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that since the add is in english they were regularly imported to here. I have never seen one though. Strange they weren't popular guess Datsun was a head of it's time. It seems like all you see is 4 door trucks anymore. Good lookin truck though not to fond of the color though.

No, they weren't ever imported here. Closest they got was Mexico, though they were sold all throughout Central/South America and Africa. There were a couple brought across the border with questionable legality, and at least one got a title, but since it was a Mexican-market vehicle it shouldn't have been allowed. Now that they're over 25 years old they SHOULD be legal to import, but they're rare, and I don't see too many folks bringing cars UP from Mexico. It's not easy.

Steroid has the only one I know of still existent in the States. How it managed to get titled up in WA is a mystery, but it did, and now he has it.

I've seen a few of those around over here but they look like an afterthought or a homemade deal. That Datsun is smooth looking. It would make nice duelly I not too sure about slammin it though. Probably would look good but it would ruin such a useful truck.

Not sure where i got this pic, but i do LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!

duallydavis1.jpg

Obviously this isn't the stock axle but comparing to the other double cabs it looks like its not even in the same position. Was the frame lengthened and a long bed put on it instead of a short bed. Anyone know?

Obviously this isn't the stock axle but comparing to the other double cabs it looks like its not even in the same position. Was the frame lengthened and a long bed put on it instead of a short bed. Anyone know?

Yes. Other than the cab, that's all custom work. Lengthened frame, fender flares, etc.