Muffler recomendations

d510addict

I am going to put 2 inch exhaust on my 1970 521 and am looking for a muffler that will offer a good balance between performance and sound. I have poor hearing as is and would like something that isn't super loud, I would also like it to fit in the stock location. Any recommendations?

And where is a good spot to run the tail pipe out from underneath the bed? Mine doesn't have much of a tail pipe atm so i do not know where to run it.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a CherryBomb turbo muffler. Not top of the line, but it's a nice inexpensive, readily available muffler. It's not too loud, not too quiet and certainly not restrictive. I would recommend it if you're looking for a cheap solution cool.gif Good news is, if you don't like it it's only $22 bucks down the drain laugh.gif

http://www.jegs.com/i/Cherry-Bomb/545/87701/10002/-1?parentProductId=769809

also fits 510 wagon and rear 510 sedan PERFECTLY which wants a small case muffler.

Thrush makes one also in close to same size and fit the stock location.

This is the smallest case size they make I believe

I have a Dynomax Super Turbo which is good quality but gets on the louder side when cruiseing about 65mph.

I will use my Cheerybomb2 as listed above series next if my Dynomax muffler ever wears out.

my 521 it exists out the right rear tire slightly down

http://www.jegs.com/...roductId=769809

also fits 510 wagon and rear 510 sedan PERFECTLY which wants a small case muffler.

Thrush makes one also in close to same size and fit the stock location.

This is the smallest case size they make I believe

I have a Dynomax Super Turbo which is good quality but gets on the louder side when cruiseing about 65mph.

I will use my Cheerybomb2 as listed above series next if my Dynomax muffler ever wears out.

my 521 it exists out the right rear tire slightly down

Mr. banzai show some oic's to see it, i'll show you guy's my 2 1/2 inche pipe from the front to the back with a manoflow mofler. show pic's,pic's pic's man. :thumbup:

For some reason I cant post anymore on this site,need to update the browser.

well anyway my exhaust looks like stock just a 1.75 in pipe&muffler with Super Turbo in stock location on my 521

I will go to 2in if it ever wears out.

2.5 inc is too much. I bet you get better power with a smaller 2in pipe unless you got a turbo motor

I don't know if you called a L20 with 2 sidedrafts with an A87 head with headers, turbo motor but sure run's and sounds great. :devil: