Need some photoshop action!

If anyone has some spare time. I need some help with paint/wheels

I want these wheels (16x8.25) on stretched tires, moderate slam. 510 with bre flares, deep/dark blue, deep/dark maroon, red/orange, black. Both wheel colors.

Gold

Black

I know its a lot to ask so whatever someone can contribute would be awesome! Even one combo would be great!

Thanks,

Josh-

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What size wheels are on the 510 in the stock pic?

Front: 16x8 +10 Panasports on shortened 510 struts and a 1/2" spacer ..... 215/40/16 Yokohamas ....... feels too big for front wheels and stock steering .... :(

Rear: 16x9 -13 Watanabes on stock 510 rear suspension, stock rear camber,,, and slammed on coilovers and the tires still hit the flares 225/45/16

Front: 16x8 +10 Panasports on shortened 510 struts and a 1/2" spacer ..... 215/40/16 Yokohamas ....... feels too big for front wheels and stock steering .... :(

Rear: 16x9 -13 Watanabes on stock 510 rear suspension, stock rear camber,,, and slammed on coilovers and the tires still hit the flares 225/45/16

Seems you've got alot of experience fitting wheels to your flared car. Will 16x8.25 0 offset wheels fit with 280zx struts? I'm not looking to slam the car and will probably run 205/50-16

Thanks,

Josh-

You are going to need a small spacer in the front , , , ......... what are your plans for the rear camber???

I'm gonna slot the crossmember and hopefully not have to camber the shit out of it. I would like decent tire wear ;)

I'm gonna slot the crossmember and hopefully not have to camber the shit out of it. I would like decent tire wear ;)

i wouldnt worry about this to much

im not slammed im running 1.5 coils cut out of stock springs tires are 185/75/14 goodyear weather handlers been driving on them at stock height from 06-jan 09 and with this amount of camber since aug of 09 there barely even worn yet and this is the driver side where camber gets worse when my ass sits in it

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0445.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

i wouldnt worry about this to much

im not slammed im running 1.5 coils cut out of stock springs tires are 185/75/14 goodyear weather handlers been driving on them at stock height from 06-jan 09 and with this amount of camber since aug of 09 there barely even worn yet and this is the driver side where camber gets worse when my ass sits in it

Thanks Bonvo, I'm hoping for around .5-1.5 deg negative camber

Sounds like you want something like this???:

-16x8" rota rb-r with a +10mm offset all 4 corners

-powered by max 25mm spacers all 4 corners (plus a 5mm in the front) ........ .. 280zx front struts........ 13b-turbo rotary

-toyo t1r 225/40 r16 fronts

-toyo t1r 245/35 r16 rears

-adjustable rear crossmember (datsport v4)

mnb.jpg

mnb2.jpg

mnb1.jpg

mnb3.jpg

Sounds like you want something like this???:

-16x8" rota rb-r with a +10mm offset all 4 corners

-powered by max 25mm spacers all 4 corners (plus a 5mm in the front) ........ .. 280zx front struts........ 13b-turbo rotary

-toyo t1r 225/40 r16 fronts

-toyo t1r 245/35 r16 rears

-adjustable rear crossmember (datsport v4)

So he's actually running -20 Front, -15 Rear correct?

I love the front stance, rear looks like it need either 225's or a little less spacer.

It looks like he has almost no negative rear camber ........ .. here is my car with stock rear camber and 16x8 +10 with NO spacers: 225/40/16 falkens

510059.JPG

FRONT: Stock 510 struts, 16x8 +10 with 1/2" spacers ..... 225/40/16 falkens ...... . . .. 280zx struts would narrow the front track width by ~3/4" on each side:

510053.JPG

Here's another quick photoshop with my attempt at streched tires: .......... :lol:

25111.jpg

OH MY! (bows head in shame) unsure.gif

I'm thinking I'll buy just one of these wheels and use it for fitment while I finish the rest of my car. That way worse case I can always cut my losses.

I like the gold but I think it's a little played out with the scubbies. I'm thinking of going with the black chrome.

It looks like he has almost no negative rear camber ........ .. here is my car with stock rear camber and 16x8 +10 with NO spacers: 225/40/16 falkens

FRONT: Stock 510 struts, 16x8 +10 with 1/2" spacers ..... 225/40/16 falkens ...... . . .. 280zx struts would narrow the front track width by ~3/4" on each side:

Thanks, that helps alot!

I really like that tire size, so.... I think thats the size I'll run. I can machine any size spacer I need. I was also thinking about blowing peoples minds and using 8 lugs per wheel with the "multi pattern" wheels ;)

I'm thinking I'll buy just one of these wheels and use it for fitment while I finish the rest of my car.

That seems like a good idea ..... .. .. 16x8's are big .. .. and some say it is too hard on the stock steering components.. .. .. I wish i could find a 16x7 -20 ....... :D

........ and then there's the whole issue of "mini-tubbing" the rear,,, it kinda needs to be done to tuck the tires into the rear flares

That seems like a good idea ..... .. .. 16x8's are big .. .. and some say it is too hard on the stock steering components.. .. .. I wish i could find a 16x7 -20 ....... :D

........ and then there's the whole issue of "mini-tubbing" the rear,,, it kinda needs to be done to tuck the tires into the rear flares

I went ahead and ordered "one" 16x8.25 in black chrome, god only knows when it will get here...... Ordered it through Enjuku. They said truck is on the way but no guarantee of whats in it?.......

Looks like the tire that best suits my needs is the BFG KDW2 215/40-16. The 225/40-16 is impossible to find in a high grip tire!