datsun 620 inquiry

Rokien

3mb3p73lc5Z35P45X5b1ne59f96acd0141f46.jpgim concidering buying a datsun 620 with no front bumper, wondering if its worth buying.

and would a RB26DETT from Skyline GTR engine fit in the 1979 datsun 620 ?

another question: how much would it cost to buy a datsun Bumper grill and light assembly, and where could i find it in the west coast ?

and a little off topic but still competing, is another truck im thinking of buying instead of the datsun is the 1986 nissan below.. Which truck is better?

5783n9f_19.jpeg

ps: would a SR20DET (Silvia engine) fit in this 1986 nissan?

Thanks!!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3mb3p73lc5Z35P45X5b1ne59f96acd0141f46.jpgim concidering buying a datsun 620 with no front bumper, wondering if its worth buying.

and would a RB26DETT from Skyline GTR engine fit in the 1979 datsun 620 ?

another question: how much would it cost to buy a datsun Bumper grill and light assembly, and where could i find it in the west coast ?

and a little off topic but still competing, is another truck im thinking of buying instead of the datsun is the 1986 nissan below.. Which truck is better?

5783n9f_19.jpeg

ps: would a SR20DET (Silvia engine) fit in this 1986 nissan?

Thanks!!!

Yes, no, under $100, Oregon and Washington state, define better, define fit.

well basically i need a car to take to alberta, and this was the sales pitch he had up on craigslist:

"1979 Datsun 620 Longbox for sale. Tires were bought new last year, put on Pathfinder rims. Has a Grant steering wheel, 32/36 single downdraft Weber carb, Blaster coil with new high tension leads on new distributor. Head gasket and timing chain replaced three years ago. Runs good. Front brake pads replaced last year. Has minor damage to left front panel and minor hood damage (see pic) and no front bumper. No structural damage. A full restoration and paint was done to this truck by previous owner 10 years ago. Rust is starting to peak through the seams and the bed has a bit of surface rust. Undercarriage has minor rust and frame is solid. Passes aircare with ease and is currently aircared. No time to work on her so I figured I should let her go before she's too far gone. Drive it and restore as you go! $1000 obo."

and what i mean by "fit" i meant: will it be possible to put a better engine in the truck. that would mechanically work with the vehicle.

but what do you think, will this last driving across the BC province to Alberta where its -40'C ?

Any RB is gonna be really long for the engine bay, major firewall reconstruction would be needed, secondly an RB26 would be mucho expensive, the transmission for the RB26 is a transaxle with includes the output tulips for the front axles, so you would need to have transmission machined. The rear wheel drive RB25 would be easier but still would need firewall raping. SR20 or the F20 out of earlier skyline would be most reasonable. Personally I'd like to put a S2000 F20 in mine, lots of parts and performance with out importing all kinds of stuff.

Sooke, Bamfield, Ucluelet, Tofino, Alberni, Gold River, Tahsis, Winter Harbor, Holberg???

The Comox Valley actually, but by march i should be in Alberta.

Any RB is gonna be really long for the engine bay, major firewall reconstruction would be needed, secondly an RB26 would be mucho expensive, the transmission for the RB26 is a transaxle with includes the output tulips for the front axles, so you would need to have transmission machined. The rear wheel drive RB25 would be easier but still would need firewall raping. SR20 or the F20 out of earlier skyline would be most reasonable. Personally I'd like to put a S2000 F20 in mine, lots of parts and performance with out importing all kinds of stuff.

Thanks! This is what i was looking for. its gonna be a long haul for my idea to make progress but it will eventually get there!! :)