just bought 75 620

nissandaground

I have always loved datsun 620's and finally bought my first one today for $400 , since my 720 is in the shop in my backyard while i build my backhalved frame and triangulated four link bags on bars setup (pics and posts in 720 section on this site), i needed a daily driver ... I went on craigslist and i knew i would buy the 620 as soon as i saw the listing :) it has a good amount of rust, and the gas tank had a bunch of holes in it so it has a boat gas tank in the back , another problem im having is the throttle pedal seems to start halfway down or something .. not much pedal movement ... is there some way to tighten cable to get more throw or what ? I plan on using some 14" frontier wheels i had in the shop while i paint up the original wheels and polish up the caps , and i also wanna lower it , are the really skinny bars on front end the torsion bars ? is this how u lower the front of 620's? here is a pic, will post more after i have time to wash and wax it :)

datsun.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the little bars in front, the longer thicker bars that connect to the fulcrum point of the lower control arms and travel to the mid point of the cab through the middle crossmember are ylur torsion bars. There are big bolts that go through the ends. Loosen those to lower or re-index them. You can do a search for reindexibg the torsion bars which has pics to show you what they look like.