Datsun Driving Canby Fun 08

dvboth

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet.....Dave beat me to it!

Just remember guys....even if you really don't want to register to show, at least bring your datsuns down and do the $5 park inside the grounds. It's always sad to see datsuns in the parking lot across the street.

.....as for the Father's Day.....I tell them that it's "MY Day" to choose and I choose that we go to Canby. If it's for your dad.....tell him it's what he wants to do!! :) Besides...Father's Day is only one of the two days. :)

Oh nuts, father's day? I may be stuck then, both my dad and father in law have stuff planned for that weekend.... Who set this up for father's day? That's like the fellow in our club that planned our spring show for Mother's day and wondered why there was so little participation!

Who set this up for father's day?

I think they do this because most of show goers have kids and its a cool dad and kid thing, plus the dad that has a Datsun can demand that he's going cuz,,, it's his day?! Moreover, Fathers day has the most car and truck shows than any other day of the year? (ask google) :D

Oh nuts, father's day? I may be stuck then, both my dad and father in law have stuff planned for that weekend.... Who set this up for father's day? That's like the fellow in our club that planned our spring show for Mother's day and wondered why there was so little participation!

that's exactly why I mentioned that if we had a Seattle show in May we should avoid the Mother's day weekend.

What happens if I register my 521 but dont have it come time for the show? Can I just transfer my registration to my 510? Or ????

a big part of the reason for re-registration is to decide on how many trophys per group or class so... on one hand, no they may not be able to transfer you. But on the other hand I'm sure you can still show your 510. The 510 class is probably the largest anyway.

Of course you would need to bring this up to those in charge if this actually happens.

Like I just posted in the other thread...the dates were set about the time of the Canby event last year.....so way in advance. I don't think Father's Day was targeted at all. I'm pretty sure the availability of the fairgrounds dictated the dates.

fiveNdime....good question to ask dvboth. I'm hoping that since he joined this forum, he's going to actively check it :)

Oh shite then, I guess I'm not in for this year :mad:.... For me, it's a 6 hour drive down plus the border so it's a 3 day deal which I can't do on that weekend. If I could do it in a day, sure, but, not with that distance, I'm stuck.

• 2 months later...