Hello, I am the NFG

skooby_doo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Gene, I will post pics up as soon as I can of the taillight buckets...my phone screen is busted up at the moment.

Dave, the interior is so so...the seat has has a cover on it for now, gonna throw some Integra buckets so I can reupholster the bench, the dash is your typical 521 cracked padded dash, sun visors are in great shape, only downfall to the ENTIRE interior is it got spray bombed blue, just like the rest of the truck.:angry: The floor is stripped, and solid. The interior is missing the blower motor knob, and the OFF/HEAT knob on the heater.0222111122a.jpgHere's a rough idea...I forgot to mention all of the DAMN stickers!!!

Sorry about the delay on pics of the taillight buckets...busy as hell with work right now! And Charlie69, I will definatley take you up on that offer for the dash...just need to make the datto a little more road worthy first! Thanks for the heads up on the De-Solv-It...I .@$#ing love the smell of oranges!!!

Quick question...I just picked up a set of 17" GMC Sierra wheels, and was wondering if anyone else out there is running this size wheel. If so, what is the tire size that is capable of getting under the sheetmetal, if at all!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Search " farmer joe ", he's runnin some sweet GM wheels on his 620 if I remember right.

I use this:

http://www.miata.net...e/tirecalc.html

I clank in the stock tires-either 195/75R14 or 205/75R14

Then if you type in a tire you'd like to run it'll give you the overall height difference,etc.

Example is a 195/75R14 stock tire is the same height as a 215/50R17

I've got another link on my work computer I can post for you tomorrow.

right on raggmann! thanks for the link...i think the tires i have, i can "make fit"! I'll post some oics up of the mock up, as soon as i get home to my datto!

No problem brother.

Keep us posted and remember we ALL like pictures. ........why they're call oics here I don't know.

dat521gatherer, thanks for the help...i'm kinda new at this entire forum thing, but it seems that I have come to the right place for help, chat, etc. etc.!!! Thanks to everyone else for all of the support, and the different ideas to keep this truck MINE!!! "RATSUN RULES!!!" as we all chant in a station wagon driving off the side of a cliff!!! HA HA!!!

hey scooby. nice truck. what are your plans for your truck. i went to high school in alamo. i lived in la luz at the time. and tularosa before that. i liked it there to bad there were no jobs.

a100addict, happy to here you escaped!!! I am originally from the east coast, so, all of this beach with no ocean is super depressing for me! Low and slow are the plans...the truck is fairly solid, I just have to get rid of the last 40+ years of previous owners OUTTA my truck! Plan on a weber soon, reindexing, pullin leafs, and a freshen up of the little 1.3! Work is super slow right now, which is cutting into my funds, and I am not paying bills, so the datto is put on hold as far as "fixin' her up" goes.

Stance looks right.

How many leafs did you pull out of the back?

I de-arched my springs 4-1/2"

I pulled 3 from each side...just left top and bottom, pulled the meat outta the center!!! It has a good looking rake to it, tires are different size (taller) in the rear, it'll definatley do for now!!! Thanks raggman!

Thanks raggman!

No,thank you.

Yours is making me hump-up to get mine out of the shop.

I wanna drive it SOOOO bad.

Mid you,right now it's snowing again so I couldn't drive it.

I'll just keep driving my old Cummins and wishing for warmer weather.

green93Dodge005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was curious today as to what my truck could clean up like without painted outer door handles, oversprayed windows/window moldings, etc., so I grabbed a big ass can of paint thinner and went to town!!! Those door handles cleaned up amazingly! You can actually tell where the window moldings stop, and the cab starts! Next, I decided to take a peek underneath the mexicant seat cover, and to my suprise the bench is in beautiful shape to be 42 years old!!! I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a chance!