Does anyone know the OHM's of the fuel sending unit on a 620 pickup?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the OHM range of a factory fuel sending unit for a 620 pickup?

I have used a 720 tank in my 620 and the gauge reads just fine. The specs for the 720 sender is

Full, float fully up ...... 10 ohms

3/4............................... 25 ohms

1/2............................... 35 ohms

1/4............................... 56 ohms

Empty, float down..... 80 ohms

Give or take a few ohms this will work and agrees with ggzill very closely. The float arm length and direction will change depending on which car or truck model it's in but I think the senders are the same on all Datsuns. Getting an in tank sender safety certified would be horrendously expensive if you made new designs for every car model. I expect Nissan just uses one design.

I'm trying to figure out something for my Mercury. The fuel cell in it was what I planed on using in my 620 and the gauge won't read correctly. I'm thinking about trying a datsun pickup sending unit in the fuel cell.

My 63 Mercury Empty is 73 ohms, and Full is 8-12 ohms

Guest DatsuNoob

just get the after market gauge that talks to that sender. I'm sure autometer makes an application specific to what you're after. I used a fuel cell with 0-90 ohm sender (chev) and 0-90 autometer gauge.

• 10 years later...

.... as long as it's reg cab to reg cab tanks or KC to KC. The KC 720  and 4 wd. tanks have a large notch to clear the undersides of the cab. The long wheelbase reg cab has the longest/largest tank and is without the notch so it won't fit under the long wheelbase KC.

-