Just joined here is my '74 620

BitBandit

I picked this little gem up back in October. picked it up for $400 has the L16 in it still and it fires right up unless its cold then it just takes a little bit to get started. It came with a set of 15" and 18" wheels as you can see 2 of each were installed when i picked it up. I am selling the 18's and going ot go with some 17's.

I just need to get the brakes working then i can go get it registered and start mobbing around in it. The front right fender has a little ding in the front corner, hoping it wont be to bad to fix.

dat620-1.jpgdat620-2.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was looking to get 200 with the tires on them, not sure if I will be able to though two of the tires are junk.

Its going to be a fun project, I am hoping I can score a KA and plop it in there this summer, but i think the trans is going out in my Blazer so I may not have a daily driver to use while doing the swap.

The Blazer is going to get a solid axle up front so i can get some more clearance off-road, but i think the trans is going to set that project back.

There is a kid I work with that has a '74 620 that is pretty sharp. My brother-in-law has a '78 4x4 620 that his dad bought new that he is restoring, its all sorts of rusted, I bought this 620 from him. I am going to have to give him my bed unless can find another one before he gets to replacing his bed. he bought this truck with a spare cab and a bunch of other parts for $800.

Welcome to Ratsun. You will find a great community here. I would never have been able to keep my trucks running so good without all the good folks on here and the wealth of knowledge that the members here have collectively. You will be glad you found "RAtsun". I like your truck. Hope you get your brakes working good. I have had to re-do the brakes on both of my trucks (new shoes, master cyl., bleeding, adjusting the drum brakes, etc.). They are not that hard to work on and keep them stopping good. You just have to get yourself a Repair manual, ask questions on Ratsun, research the old forum archives, check out the other good links. Mostly get a good set of tools and jump in there and get your hands dirty. Thats what they make go-Jo wipes and merthiolate and band aids for. Ha!

What kind of steering wheel is that?

Its a GT I have seen them at the parts stores for like 20-30 bones.

I think I scored a KA24DE for a good deal i have not finalized it yet though. Its in need of a wiring harness and computer for it. It is from a kid I work with that took it out of a 98 frontier and put the 240sx intake on it. i need to go read though the KA24DE thread again and see what computer I need to look for.

Make sure you keep the brakes adjusted properly and they will work well. Looks like a decent little truck. Fix that fender before you go looking for a replacement, or just leave it as and polish it up with some TR3 polishing compound. The factory sheetmetal fits way better than anything aftermarket and Id be happy to find a fender that nice in a wrecking yard.

Finding a dolly to fit in the inner radius of the fender can be a bitch but if you can find a long handled screwdriver or a tire iron and grind the end to a similar shape you should be able to get at her pretty easy.

I used a long chisel with a blunt tip to get a similar dent out of one of mine. My 75 has a tear in the same spot that I'm gonna have to weld up. The trick is getting a little out at a time. If you hit too hard on it, you'll be trying to weld yours up too. The metal is pretty thin. Nice looking truck. I payed more for each of mine (one in cash, the other in traveling 12 hrs to get it) and neither was in that good of shape. Welcome to the site. Its a great place to be.