KA24DE Swap

rojadoja

Does anyone have an a rough idea/ballpark estimate on the cost to swap in a KA24DE. I am looking for a KA that has already has a trans. Before I head down the long road of building this L20, I thought I'd do some comparing. Also, is anyone making swap mounts for a project like this, or should I expect some fab time?

THANKS!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ur best bet is to find a wrecked 240sx and buy the whole car... u would have everything that way but iv bought two complete swaps for 400 each and that was everything i needed.. motor, trans, wiring, maf, coil, ecu, rad, hoses, trans mount, ect. pretty easy swap once u figure it out.... u dont need any mounts other then the stock mounts from each engine and trans and there really is no real fab.. maybe cut a hose or two...if u want u can call me when ur ready and i can walk u throuh it..... iv done two all ready starting my third and also a q45 v8 swap

2eDeYe' date='16 February 2011 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1297915377' post='429353']

Motor was $500, spent about $1800 total on the swap. Little shit adds up. ;)

AMEN BROTHA! yea but its well worth it. Although if i had to do it all over again I shoulda went SR route, since I wanna turbo my ka i think it = out to bout the same really. some guys run the stock mounts on 510's. I made my own just so i could set the engine back where it belongs most 240 mounts looked to me like they jacked the engine to far foward. Thats just my opinion though.

2eDeYe' date='22 February 2011 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1298439354' post='432605']

I kept track...I'm afraid if I add it up, it's more than $1800. :lol:

Totally worth it though.

I know I stopped counting at 1200 doing my single cam swap in my 620, and I got that engine for 100$!!!!!!!!!!! All the little stuff adds up though. Gotta do a new clutch while your in there too :)

I modified the KA brackets and used the stock 620 rubber mounts.

My build is in my sig. ;)

Are you running an LSD? Did you swap out the rear end? What are your setups?

Still running the stock 4.375 diff. I have a set of 3:55's and a set of 4:11's to try out eventually. Might weld up the 4.375 for fun :D

• 10 months later...