Datsun/Edelbrock intake manifold w/carb

%3ca%20href=I have a Datsun/Edelbrock intake manifold and carb for sale. I was told they fit the L series motor but not sure...look at the pics and judge for yourself. The carb has seen better days but I think it will clean up good. I'll throw in the carb for free if anyone wants it too...Not sure what brand the carb is. I'm located in Cleveland,Ohio. Asking $100.00 obo or possible trade for 521 parts. thanks:mellow: ">%3ca%20href=Photo0140.jpg">%3ca%20href=Photo0139.jpg">%3ca%20href=Photo0138.jpg">%3ca%20href=Photo0137.jpg">%3ca%20href=Photo0136.jpg">%3ca%20href=Photo0135.jpg">%3ca%20href=Photo0134.jpg">%3ca%20href=Photo0133.jpg">
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as what motor its for I was told:) originally it was for a J-series motor so I bought it sight unseen and when I received it I realized it probably wont work on my 521(J13). When I posted pics a while back everyone that saw it said it was for a L-series but I cant guarantee anything cus I've never owned an L-series motor...It looks like the shorter runners have bigger ports than the long runners,not sure why,maybe velocity? I do know this is how it was cast,it hasnt been ported at all. Hope that helps

Score! It is a very cool and unusual piece. You can see a picture of one in the famous "How to Hotrod and race your Datsun" book.

The only thing I wonder is if you specifically have to use the Edelbrock carb, or if a weber would bolt up to it? Let us know Dirttrack510!

DatsunChristmas.jpg

THE INTAKE JUST CAME IN AND IT LOOKS SWEET!!!!!! MY BIG FAT WEBER 40DFAV1 40/40 CARB DROPPED RIGHT ON TOP TOO!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT OUT AT THE RACE TRACK!!!! I JUST GOTTA POLISH UP THE INTAKE TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD THEN ONTO THE ENGINE FOR SOME TUNING! :D :D :D