Did Datsun ever produce...

domn8tr

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, and they didn't produce a King Cab in '75 either. KCs were introduced partway into the 1976 model year. In fact they only introduced the longbed in the US market in '75, though they always made LB versions for non-US markets.

There were only 2 frame lengths. The SWB, which of course was only used for regular cab/regular bed trucks, and the LWB, which was used for LB, KC, and outside the US for 4-doors (with an even shorter bed).

So, to make a LB KC you'd need to lengthen the frame.

Oh well thats the answer I was expecting. Guess I'll keep my eye out for a75 longbed. My son is working on dropping an SR20DET 5speed into an ex race 2door 510 . The car came full of race parts including a ported full race peanut head, new headers and a manifold for a single side draft mikuni/weber. Im sick of my 3.9 Dakota and was thinking I could pick up anL20 short block and throw on a 5 speed. Do 2000 roadster 5 speeds fit Lseries blocks? I have a spare and he has 2 z22 5speeds.

Do 2000 roadster 5 speeds fit Lseries blocks? I have a spare and he has 2 z22 5speeds.

No but there was an L bell made so they would fit the Z car. If you can find one you could bolt it onto you roadster 5 speed and then it would fit.

It looks like this with starter on pass side:

LRoadsterbell001.jpg

Is that the same bell as the 200sx 5speeds my son has ? If so which is the better trans. my spare roadster trans has steel servo synchros and a welded 5th gear and is freshly rebuilt. My sons trying to tell me just use a z24 injected motor but Pops is old school and i already have everything but a short block. will a z22 or z24 shortbock fit that wedge Peanut head?

photo1it.jpg

photoand.jpg

Is that the same bell as the 200sx 5speeds my son has ? If so which is the better trans. my spare roadster trans has steel servo synchros and a welded 5th gear and is freshly rebuilt. My sons trying to tell me just use a z24 injected motor but Pops is old school and i already have everything but a short block. will a z22 or z24 shortbock fit that wedge Peanut head?

photo1it.jpg

photoand.jpg

The roadster tranny woud be far superior to the Dogleg 200sx tranny.

The L series closed chamber 'peanut' head will physically bolt to any Z series block. But, th compression would be extremely high. You would also have to modify the Z24 head gasket by opening up coolant holes to match the head, modify the front timing cover, lengthen the timing chain, use an L oil pan and mounts and use an L trany. Basically you are making an L24 engine.

cool thanks for the info sounds like the best idea would be to get an L20 shortblock and early Z bellhousing and maybe even a 40mm mikuni for decent mileage. I'm more interested good driveability and simplicity than huge power. Just need to be able to haul around a 300lb bike and my225lb fat ass rolleyes.gif