MSD6A and L20...

Llittle_Llama

I have this thing just sitting on a shelf here at the house and have put it up for sale on a few sites and was just wondering if it would work in the 620 without having to do a lot of work. I know more than likely this will do nothing other than make a hotter spark, but that's never a bad thing right?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The MSD 6A is very easy to install, there should be a diagram on the underside of the box, and you do not have to modify the wiring. The MSDs are supposed to produce a hotter spark, and more sparks for a longer duration.

How well it works is up to you, some people swear by them, and some people think they are waste of money. If you've already got it, and having a hard time selling it maybe just hook it up.

Here is the MSD tech Bible.

MSD tech

on a matchbox set up do you still have to run it through that or can you eliminate the use of the ignition module i have the matchbox on my l20 in my 510 and i think the ignition module is going out but that thing costs as much as an msd can i sub the stock ignition module for the msd also i replaced the coil it had on it to an msd cuz i thaught that was it and i also did the cap and rotor and its still not firing right

so i should replace the ignition module and thats it i have been reading on another thread about the msd on a 210 and the guy said he ran it but he had to do something with timing and and something else what you think is the best and safest route could it even be that its sputtering real bad like it looses spark or something or could it be fuel related

on a matchbox set up do you still have to run it through that or can you eliminate the use of the ignition module (Question mark) i have the matchbox on my l20 in my 510 and i think the ignition module is going out (Comma[) but that thing costs as much as an msd (Period) can i sub the stock ignition module for the msd (Question mark[) also i replaced the coil it had on it to an msd cuz i thaught that was it and i also did the cap and rotor and its still not firing right (Period)

so i should replace the ignition module and thats it i have been reading on another thread about the msd on a 210 and the guy said he ran it but he had to do something with timing and and something else what you think is the best and safest route could it even be that its sputtering real bad like it looses spark or something or could it be fuel related

I have what you need, and it's FREE too. Here's a prescription: Use one period at the end of a sentence as needed. Use until you have a paragraph, then start a new one.

......................................... <---- take your meds!!!

I fixed the first one for you, now you try the second.

I'm not even going to start on the spelling of taught :rofl: Also, take this with a grain of salt, smeone would have said the same to me if I did that ;)

on a matchbox set up do you still have to run it through that or can you eliminate the use of the ignition module i have the matchbox on my l20 in my 510 and i think the ignition module is going out but that thing costs as much as an msd can i sub the stock ignition module for the msd also i replaced the coil it had on it to an msd cuz i thaught that was it and i also did the cap and rotor and its still not firing right

Again you should start you own thread on this problem. But to answer this .. the Nissan modules almost NEVER go bad, they are very strong and reliable. They do however, need to be solidly mounted to the dizzy and the dizzy itself solidly bolted to the timing cover. Most have a ground terminal but you could make your own ground wire from one of the mounting screws to the head.

If for some unimaginable reason the module should be bad the best replacement is a $13 GM HEI module from a '78 Caprice or whatever is the cheapest..

GMHEIconnections.jpg

Bolt to the inner fender like this and solidly grounded.

wiringHEI4.jpg