Suggestions for SR20 radiator

Topher88

I have been looking around for a bit and got directed to a guy on eBay selling aluminum radiators with a single 12" fan for a bit more then 300. Obviously I'll be a little safer if I get duel fans but is that overkill? Would I be fine with a single 12" fan? And if anyone has any experience with SR20 510s then let me know if your happy with whatever you decided on

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking around for a bit and got directed to a guy on eBay selling aluminum radiators with a single 12" fan for a bit more then 300. Obviously I'll be a little safer if I get duel fans but is that overkill? Would I be fine with a single 12" fan? And if anyone has any experience with SR20 510s then let me know if your happy with whatever you decided on

I have a single fan on mine and have no issues at all, the radiator is a custom unit though.

Im going to get a DET eventually but the car came with a DE but everything is basically interchangeable and i already have a 5 speed trans off of a DET witch idk if there is a difference.. has anyone had experience with this one? Seems like a good deal but idk if its too cheap lol. What did you pay for your Ron Davis?

http://compare.ebay....4=263602_304662

• 5 months later...

I used Zirgo 16" 3300 CFM air flow for 8 years, it cost me at Ebay for $125 with free shipping. Really powerful fan. Keeping my Rotary engine at 175 degrees in a warn day and 190-195 degrees in bad traffic and going up to San Francisco in the summer at 90 degrees temperature up hill . The stronger the CFM the better. The cooler you run your engine is always the best way to keep your engine HAPPY!. I should know I love Rotary and Rotary runs hot because it can't be baby the motor has to run HARD most of the time to keep it in top conditions. Like what Mazda advertise Mazda Rotary engine is the only Japanese Manufacture that ever won the prestigious and endurance racing 24 Hours Le Mans up to this day. Its also the only non piston engine. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Mazda_787B To beat the Mercedes, Jaguar, Porsche and other mighty European car manufacturer Rotary has to run cool for 24 hours! List of 24 Hours of Le Mans winner http://en.wikipedia....Le_Mans_winners MazdaSpeed won in 1991 then the rules change so Mazda Rotary Engine can't race there again. Its amazing I have that DVD of that 1991 Le Mans race when Mazda past the Mercedes for the lead and won. Just a little history on Rotary Engine and some of the hater that don't know why its popular in Puerto Rico, Australia and old school Rotorheads.

I got mine in Ebay. My 3 Rotary toys runs on Zirgo Fan. Can't beat the price and the reliability. Flow is excellent, the fan itself is not that loud, the S curved blades allow it a quieter operations.

Zirgo spec size: Length 16" x Height 16.7" x Depth 3.5"

I used Griffin Aluminum Drag Radiator, it was cheaper then. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRI-2-58185-X/

I know that there is no dual fan that will FIT under 14 inches that can produce 3300 CFM total and they cost almost $300. Cost more than a Aluminun Radiaton from Summit. Check Ebay for Dual Fan with Aluminum Shroud the most I saw is 2400 CFM combine air flow. I wanted a shroud at first if its not cooling my engine but 8 years later happy to know I never need it. Just make sure you have enough space. I'm sure you will. I have seen lots of SR with 16" electric fan. I have a intercooler in front of my radiator but still have 1/2 to fit it in.

Nice build and good luck!!! rolleyes.gif

When I bought my radiator I was not about it being cheaper. My main concern was quality and appearance, Griffin makes a quality radiator but the appearance is not my cup of tea. Even the Dominator series radiators are not as nice looking as the Ron Davis radiators and they are around 20 - 30 dollars more expensive.

very true i was just thinking that the ratsun cup of tea was cheaper the better for the most part

i can make a griffin look like a ron davis but it more then 30 -40 bucks worth of my time

i think i will use these in my installs from now on

Some of them are cheaper the better some not so much so. I like it here over some other 510 sites because of the people here.