How To: Replace Valve Stem Seals

Zeusimo

Yes, and it distracts from the usefulness of what would otherwise be good posts. I guess he thinks it's cute, and call me a hater all you want, but it's annoying and makes anyone look like a tool.

I do believe it is a habit of his. And when we have brought it up before, he didnt try much to change. I dont think its being cute.

• Like 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i will try to change... :(

Don't let them get to you!!!! I'll take a great "how-to" like this one, even with all the caps, over a bunch of space wasting banter and BS about said caps. Seriously, before you listen to anyone's opinion, go check their "contributions" to the forum. You'll find that the ones doing the most griping are not the ones doing the most contributing. Saying someone looks like a "tool" for using all caps is complete bullshit. To me, a "tool" is someone that's got over 2000 posts and less than 20 or so of their own threads....none of which are even "how-to's" that are a help to anyone else. But....I look at the forum as an information resource more than a social space. Others have a different opinion and it"s simply a social outlet. This kind of crap cluttering up a nice how-to thread is why I'm going to move my how-to's to a website. Adding good info or corrections is one thing, but filling up more than a page with useless whining is a bit more than annoying. I would have ranted earlier, but I'm the one that says if you don't like something in a thread, use the damn back button and just leave it. But....I can't bite my tongue when the OP becomes disheartened by the BS! Caps or no caps, at least you're adding something useful to this site instead of just upping you post count!!!

• Like 9

Don't let them get to you!!!! I'll take a great "how-to" like this one, even with all the caps, over a bunch of space wasting banter and BS about said caps. Seriously, before you listen to anyone's opinion, go check their "contributions" to the forum. You'll find that the ones doing the most griping are not the ones doing the most contributing. Saying someone looks like a "tool" for using all caps is complete bullshit. To me, a "tool" is someone that's got over 2000 posts and less than 20 or so of their own threads....none of which are even "how-to's" that are a help to anyone else. But....I look at the forum as an information resource more than a social space. Others have a different opinion and it"s simply a social outlet. This kind of crap cluttering up a nice how-to thread is why I'm going to move my how-to's to a website. Adding good info or corrections is one thing, but filling up more than a page with useless whining is a bit more than annoying. I would have ranted earlier, but I'm the one that says if you don't like something in a thread, use the damn back button and just leave it. But....I can't bite my tongue when the OP becomes disheartened by the BS! Caps or no caps, at least you're adding something useful to this site instead of just upping you post count!!!

+1 good sir, and thanks to the OP for the write up.

Yeah I would probably only be offended at the cap words if I lived on the internet and it actually was obtrusive to my life....

But that was an awesome write up! It answered pretty much every question I just had about valve seals and how the valves are in there.

So +1 for you!

• 4 months later...

I ground a thick washer into a U shape and welded it to a bar.It utilizes the cam for leverage.No need to remove the cam and chance losing the timing chain on accident and it allows you to rotate the engine to TDC on all cylinders as needed to prevent valve drop.However correct me if I'm wrong but at TDC if the valve should fall it wont fall enough to lose it.If your motivation is reduced smoke from the tailpipe remember only intake seals are required usually because there is only vacuum present when the intake valve is open,none @ exhaust.

Guest kamakazi620

Yes, and it distracts from the usefulness of what would otherwise be good posts. I guess he thinks it's cute, and call me a hater all you want, but it's annoying and makes anyone look like a tool.

And Guess what???? "TOOLS" FIX Things YO!!!!!!!!!!!! (sidenote) Sounds like a PERSONAL problem Try "Hondatech" for awhile...............

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Yep...you're right....I was just saying to be careful if they go that route. Once you get the pressure up over about 40 psi, it will push the piston down if you don't have it at exactly TDC....which leaves plenty of room for the valve to fall. Not rotating the engine because of the timing chain is one of the challenges. Pluse, it all hinges on the valve having a good seal. Carbon deposits can cause a leak and accidentally hitting the end of the valve stem can break the seal. .....BUT....I have used that method and it worked well. I actually used the hose from a compression tester with a quick connect to the gauge.

was that 40 psi with the spark plugs out and the timing chain still hooked up, im just curious

• 10 months later...