4dr vs 2dr rear springs/shocks

co.dime

i have a 72 510 2dr. i put on 15/8 wheels with 0 offset and now my tire is rubing the fender. im looking at buying some air adjustable shocks for the rear. but they are for a 4dr. will these fit my 2dr? if not anybody know where i can get a set of new springs? think the rear is just sagging to much.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 72 510 2dr. i put on 15/8 wheels with 0 offset and now my tire is rubing the fender. im looking at buying some air adjustable shocks for the rear. but they are for a 4dr. will these fit my 2dr? if not anybody know where i can get a set of new springs? think the rear is just sagging to much.

15x8??? I had trouble with 15x7 0 offset rubbing on the fender until i rolled the fenders and pulled/stretched them, what size tire? is it the front or rear rubbing or both is your rear crossmember slotted for camber and toe? how much camber in the front?

i have 205/50/15s on the rear. and the air shocks worked pretty good...havent had a chance to do a good test drive but they clear now untill i can get the fenders flared a little more. its sitting a little high. the front are 195/50/15 and they fit great but i want to lower the front some.

Curious to know if you have rear coilovers if a 15x8 with 0 offset will hit the "coilovers"

Guess you got it to work with the bags, so im assuming no...hmmmm, didnt think about that till now...

i think it will be fine.. the air adjustable shocks have a lot of room. the car just has to sit up higher cause the wheel sticks out the fender about 1/2 inch. im working on flaring mine and dropping it about 1inch. car just sits to high for me.

I have Ermish QA1 rear coilovers,,, ,, ,, and 16x8 +10 wheels with no spacers, , , , and nothing hits the rear coilovers at any height

They even fit when the rear rotors were off .... . . so that would be around a 16x8 +30?

did the tires hit the fender?