Do you want to do a headgasket?

Getting rather concerned with my mechanic, he has been very busy lately and I have reason to believe my rebuilt motor with 8K on it has a blown head gasket. :angry: He said my lower radiator hose had a leak and it over heated. <_< I would think a leaky hose would be rather hard to miss. But anyway, I am looking for one or more of you Ratsuners would want to knock it out if I decide to give someone else a shot at my business. If you have a PC that could use a wipe and reload and upgrades, or want some electronics gear like car audio/ security/ gadgets/ LED’s or something else I could help out with. Or if a bunch of you want to come in and I will fire up the grill and serve up some scrapper steaks and ice cold beer, let me know. But I need to get this fixed, the pathfinder is one thirsty SOB and I want my 720 back! :crying: Ask Pumpkin what happens when I get ahold of a PC! :ninja:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive done probably 15 of those..you can do it!get out your repair manual and just do it.its not that bad.you need a timing shim(make from wood)super easy.I believe 10mm allen socket for the head bolts a scraper and a razor blade to remove any remnants of the old gasket on the deck.A straight edge to check the head for true.a set of sockets with extention for the the intake/exhaust bolts, a gallon of coolant and about 3 hours.

YOU CAN DOOOOOO IT! :D