Help me finish my ka swap in my dime

chebetio510

Have motor and engine in, a friend of mine was doing the swap and cut all my harness . he was gonna rewire the whole car.. long story short cars been sitting for about 6 months.. im tired of waiting.. please if anyone can help me out.. need to get ma baby back up and running,,,

ka.jpg

untitled.jpg

wanna get back to more of this!!!

62732_164281660252565_100000121952395_604217_3766121_n.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the old harness is where?

what is there to cut? you just disconnecte the harness under glove box then pull out thru firewall?

Dont you still need the old harness for the lights and all the other stuff, Wipers,hi beam relay, volt reg wireing??????

YOu can keep the old harness in the Car cause you use all the other stuff like lights turn sigs ect....

alll you do is use the blk white wire as the main control to turn on the new harness and it will use a relay and new fuse box set up.Which must people but under glove box and route the new wires out to where its needed

thank your buddy for making another 510 soon to be in the projects for sale section.

Send car to Troy Ermish Racing. he might be able to get it going with a Jeff Hino harness and relay box

also the 510 rad is not used either when doing these conversions. You have a radiator also and all the fittings?

Damn hate to see a good car go bad. I liked that car.

Good luck/or alot of money to get this going again

not going sr.. goin ka24de... and the l18 blew, overheated very badly and i got the ka for very cheap, so went with that. my set-up so far is very cean we didnt cut the crossmember. we just flipped it. and reason y my friend is doing my swap is because he's good at what he does. he did a LS1 in a 240sx.. and currently also doin a ls1 corolla. so e fabricates and wires everything. thanks on the comment of liking mine more than yours. in all honesty yours is better.. always loved ur cars since before i got mine i had seen ur yello convertible

your orange car is has a better body better than my Rising Sun banzai car. and more practicle than my yellow convert car!!!!!!

drove the yellow car less the 50 miles last year

Hope you save yours!!!!!!!!If Jeff Hino lived closer Im sure he would do it at my erging to not let this car go bad, but what happens is 1yr later they end up selling it and we get frustrated at helping certain people and wont do it again.

I know alot of Datsun guys get a KA motor cheap or Free doesnt mean your getting off cheap in the end. It will still be $3k when said and done to do it right and nice.

Radiator

exhaust

hipo clutch

driveline

relay box ect..........

That would be me... I had a 68 KA swapped about 90% done then all kinds of personal shit went down, money dried up, engine had bad parts, etc.

I scrapped the whole project in favor of a RUNNING L20 powered 69 510 with about 1120% less body rot. Still sucks to look at that classy 68 and know its become a donor and nothing more...

Not trying to discourage you, but unless you can get your buddy to finish what he started, this is gonna be a ROYAL PITA!

hey banzai510 im in the same situation as far as my engine harness is cut..... but thiers no way im selling my dime lol. in a post you said

"YOu can keep the old harness in the Car cause you use all the other stuff like lights turn sigs ect....

alll you do is use the blk white wire as the main control to turn on the new harness and it will use a relay and new fuse box set up.Which must people but under glove box and route the new wires out to where its needed"

i bought one of the CAN/AM boxes from ice house. so if i was to not worry about lights and all those esentials right now, would i just be able to pull power from the black/white wire? just so i can get my engine started to make sure that everything is good with that, while i work on piecing together my mystery harness. lol

• 5 months later...

go find another ka harness uncut and start from there you can get one for around 150 bucks. the original datsun wiring harness is pretty simple as there were only a few wires for everything. to bad your in sunnyvale other wise i would come down and help you.